Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Deville (42K) 2000 DTS (32K)
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Now I have 3 Caddys and need seat covers for the 1970

Today i bought a 1970 Cadillac Convertible Coupe Deville and as you can see she is a puff outside. The seats are ripped and torn all over. I want to wrap them in shearling (sheepskin) and cannnot find them online. Can be faux sheepskin but just need to cover them. Anyone know where I can get any kind of seat cover for my new '70?. Now I have a 96 Sedan Deville and a '00 DTS, jeez, I love my caddies

Attachments

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Isn't she pretty, paid 6K for her, the guy was siting on the sreet with her today with signs all over her "I need o sell today, leaving for Europe next week" 10K or best offer, I gave him 6K and he said yes. He knew I would love her and take care of her as he saw my custom 96 Deville. I need seat covers!

·
Auto Enthusiast
1992 Eldorado Touring
3,688 Posts
Beautiful Coupe Deville Convertible, hold onto that one, it will be worth $$$ since it is the last year of the Deville convertible :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Sweet Jesus that's a beaut!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, more pics to come. I felt like a celebrity last night when I drove her to dinner. But no one has answered my request. Yes, I will recover the seats professionally as the money comes in, but I need a temporary fix. Does anyone know where I can get seat covers for "Grandma" NOW. They can be vinyl, leather or sheepskin (real or fake) I just need to cover them as they are not as prety as the outside. The roof is new last year and she was painted 6 months ago. And YEs, she is a keeper. I will store her in the winters in a heated unit on blocks. I am in love with this car. My gramma had one new in '70 red with white leather interior.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK, I just ordered custom seat covers, cost me $400. and they appear to be a neat quick fix to the split leather ones now. In the fall i will have them restored to new. Next i will order Cadillac embriodered floor mats as i have in my 2 other caddy's the '96 "Priscilla" & the '00 DTS "Butch". So here is another pic with the top down i took today and apic of all 3 of my babies. I have such big plans for "Grandma" the '70

Attachments

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh and jeeez, she is such a head turner!!!! I feel like a celebrity driving her

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Urbanski, why are you puking "jealous" or "envious"??? I will post some really cool pics later today. I am 41 years old with 3 Cadillac's. Hmmmm, which one shall I take to the office today??

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh, ok here are a few before I get in the shower. The '96 has 18 speakers, 3 amps, 10's in the trunk all Eclipse. I have sine swapped out those fog lights for a 400. pair of 3 way's a marker light, driving light and a fog. Here are a couple

Attachments

·
Registered
Cadillac
49 Posts
I was gonna reccomend the old tried and true cheap shop.....JC Whitney, but you already ordered them. JC Whitney would probablyhave the cheap covers till you got it done right.

Dan

They also go by another name, but are based out of Chicago. It's been awhile since I have gotten a new catalog, but I think they have a decent online presence. Sorry I was too late, but they might not have had them anyways.

I just looked in the catalog and they even had the imitation sheepskins for 139 bucks for front and back, 69 bucks for the front only and a cornacopia of other types available. They just show seat styles and not specific car/truck models, but I'm sure you know how they work.

Might be worth getting a catalog just for refrences and door moldings and seals etc. This ofc is for mostly older cars, but I thought I would bring it up. Heck they could have went belly up by now for all I know. The catalog is a 1997.

Dan

·
Registered
Cadillac
49 Posts
BTW, that is an awesome lookin car. My Pa always had a caddy and had many convertables. My first one was a 1971 that was grey with the imitation convertable top that was black. It was one of my faves. I have owned 5 caddys now, because my pa's taste for them transferred to me. Sorry for all the posts.

Dan

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have the website at home where I ordered them from. The problem with the cheapies and the imitati0on sheepskin is that they slide all over and they shed. These I ordered are custom made poly/cotton with a non-skid backing so that they stay put. For 400. He is making me the front bench seat, the rear bench seat, the 2 headrests and he threw in the armrest at the end. He was very professional and said they would take 2 - 2 1/2 weeks which is fine as they are making them just for my car. I will share his website with you all tonte when i get home. The battery in the new '70 is fairly new but for me whn I buy a used Car, I immediately go out and buy a Heavy Duty battery for her which I did today for "Grandma". I will probably put the one I am replacing in the trunk and rig it so that it maintains a charge from each drive, just as a kinda like spare. I am not putting a 10K audio system in the '70 like I did in my '96 as I am just going to leave the stock AM/FM radio stay put where it is. No need I don't think to pimp this car out as she is a gem as is.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
LOL, my mistake. Drooling over 3 Cadillacs in my drive? My favorite of them all is the '96 she rides like a living room on wheels. Sooo comfy and when ever I go on a road trip I take her. I am going to get rid of the '00. I wish they made a 2008 DTS-V. I am seriously considering an STS-V, my dealer has one with 8K on her and would give me an amazing deal. But for the moment it is the '70 that has all my attention. I am going to put 5K into her immediately. I want dual exhausts, new heavy duty shocks. The brakes are new and yesterday I bought her a new HD battery. I think a girl like her requires a strong heart. Monday, I will bring her in and have the battery wires and connectors replaced with HD ones. I will also put an engine oil cooler in her and flush the radiator which was replaced last year. The transmission was replaced in May 2007. These are just the basics I do to any used car i buy. The oil was changed 1k ago, I will change on Monday anyway. I was going to buy a boat, a real water cruiser (money pit). And now instead I bought this 1970, a land cruiser (money pit). It is worth it as the heads turn with that 70 she is soo friggin pretty and if you all knew what i paid for her you'd really drool. That's it for now. More pics to come. Cadillac love!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts