Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Mercedes E450 Cabriolet, previous 2013 ATS 2.0T AWD, 1973 Corvette 454
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To start, I have a 2013 Premium AWD ATS. I went in for routine maintenance including a roof switch recall and 4 new Pilot A3s as well. They did a DIC update which is supposed to alleviate flashing or blank outs some have experienced; along with a CUE Update.
The CUE update was fine....but....the DIC update took away my previous Speed Limit feature on the side panels; one of the few features I really liked. The sign Icon is gone and is now replaced with a blank page!!!!
I'm fuming!! :mad2:

·
Registered
none
1,102 Posts
Re: WTF!?? Now DIC update takes away features!!

To start, I have a 2013 Premium AWD ATS. I went in for routine maintenance including a roof switch recall and 4 new Pilot A3s as well. They did a DIC update which is supposed to alleviate flashing or blank outs some have experienced; along with a CUE Update.
The CUE update was fine....but....the DIC update took away my previous Speed Limit feature on the side panels; one of the few features I really liked. The sign Icon is gone and is now replaced with a blank page!!!!
Interesting. I use mine on the HUD but I will check it out later.

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T Luxury RWD , BMW E30 325IC
23 Posts

It does not actually remove the feature - I had the same initial reaction as you, as I love that feature. Turns out you need to go into the DIC settings where it will allow you to select which features are available for display. Why they don't have it set up so all features are always available, I do not know..

·
Registered
2015 ATS Premium 3.6 Coupe RWD built 12/2014
52 Posts

I have 2015 ATS Premium with a HUD and I have the speed limit feature.

I think we can do without the "WTF". Everyone knows what it means and it is crude and rude.

·
Registered
'14 ATS 4 Black Raven 3.6 Premium
1,158 Posts

I think we can do without the "WTF". Everyone knows what it means and it is crude and rude.
You need some thicker skin if that actually bothers you. Good lord. Moderators can take care of that if they feel so inclined.

·
Registered
2019 Mercedes E450 Cabriolet, previous 2013 ATS 2.0T AWD, 1973 Corvette 454
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

It does not actually remove the feature - I had the same initial reaction as you, as I love that feature. Turns out you need to go into the DIC settings where it will allow you to select which features are available for display. Why they don't have it set up so all features are always available, I do not know..
Thanks...I will try that and see what gives. Do you remember if there is a sub menu I need to get into? I'd like to solve this problem before making another trip to Cadillac.

----------

You need some thicker skin if that actually bothers you. Good lord. Moderators can take care of that if they feel so inclined.
I agree Mr. Carpenter....no offense intended for other forum members.

I think we all know that terms like "Freakin", b.s. and other acronyms mean those "other" things....I thought I was being politically correct in using the term. Sheesh! Oh wait.....is that bad too?

----------

UPDATE* Thank you, Thank you Mcgillaguddy, I was able to find the settings menu, sub menu info pages and found a listing of all available selections......specifically speed limit.....and some that I didn't even know that I had. :) I saved a trip to Cadillac and now I'm a happy camper. Why this defaults this way, is way beyond me.

·
Super Moderator
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6, 2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack, M6
6,631 Posts
That sucks. Can they reflash an earlier version?

I use that too but was surprised (almost shocked) it was even an option because people have to protected from even a minimal amount of thought. When I set that option in the parking lot when I took delivery, I immediately wondered how many complaints and law suits has GM received from people who got speeding tickets because limits have changed since the maps were made? I think Volvo is the only car maker who got around that by having the car actually read speed limit signs rather than pull limits up from a map database.

·
Registered
'16 CTS V-Sport Black/'16 CTS Luxury w/V-Sport Pkg White
5,784 Posts

seems like one of those smaller govt types that love adding constitutional amendments to define crude language as a sin so they can grow govt by creating agencies like the FSA (Federal Swearing Authority) so they can police other adults on their speaking behavior

·
Super Moderator
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6, 2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack, M6
6,631 Posts

He has a Premium too. But whatever cause them to remove it from the DIC (almost certainly because by design it will show the WRONG speed limit if it has changed since the maps were made which could have been before the car was even built) would cause them to remove it from the HUD options.

I would like to hear from him if he can see Speed Limit in the HUD after the update that removed it from the DIC.

----------

Looks like it was a false alarm. He still has the option.

·
Registered
Charger Scat Pack- Auto/Corvette LS3-Auto
2,433 Posts
I am not surprise one bit that they redo previous lay outs. Probably ex Microsoft designers. Remember they know whats best for you.

The TSB's just tells you that it fixes problem X not that they added a bunch of other fixes and "enhancements" that they don't tell you about. Plus most techs and/or service advisers don't know anything about the other updates.

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0T Performance
88 Posts
The update probably just reverts to default settings without saving and restoring the previous preferences. I don't remember which options were initially available in DIC, but I do recall shuffling through them all, turning some on and some off until I got a good list that I thought I'd use regularly without having to constantly scroll through everything.

I mostly keep mine on (Avg MPG | Miles to empty | Oil life, depending on what's most relevant), Audio details, and Speed limit. Not that I ever pay attention to the speed limit or that it's right even 50% of the time, but...nothing else seems helpful in that spot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts