Votes: 2 7.4%
  • CTSM - #27

Votes: 3 11.1%
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 Escalade Sport, 2018 Escalade Luxury & 2018 Camry Hybrid XLE
2,700 Posts
To there defense the post does say monthly picture contest. Also the advertisement says the same and the past was monthly contest. I first posted pictures of my truck only than I read it and corrected it.

·
Registered
'07 DTS, '11 Impala LT
175 Posts
Keeping with the original request to show Odometers, here is my DTS Odometer...

Automotive tire Camera lens Camera accessory Tire Cameras & optics

This pic is a little old. it was taken October 15, 2021. The car does not look as pretty as others. I do not know if I would have a use for a pretty car, I be afraid to have it suffer from wear and tear.

I now have ~310000 miles. Most of the mileage was driven on the Northeast highways. I use it to go to work as I am a contractor. I never saw it as a show car. However, I do think that it is mechanically well maintained.

Car Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Land vehicle

Here the car is with a coat of ice. This was Dec 2019.

The DTS does not get driven much now, as we have an electric car with free high-speed charging.

·
Administrator
3,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·

I'll be back in the next few days to get the voting started! If you haven't entered yet, now's the time to do so.

This month's theme was odometer; if you have not included a pic of your odometer, please go back and toss one in so I can include you in the poll! 😊

~MR

·
Registered
07' CTS-V | 07' Lux 3.6 Volant-Borla-Vsways | 08' CTS 3.6 DI Performance
981 Posts
I recently posted about my completed project car, a 2007 Cadillac CTS-V.
I've always wanted to customize a V1 in a factory like manner, where one could imagine GM had refreshed this vehicle in such a way.
After proudly owning this V for the past 3 years and I have finally completed my project, and added 28K of fun packed miles in the process.

The miles I have put on it have been mostly from daily driving and family trips in between MI, OH, IN and IL.
This is my DD 8 months of the year, when I'm not driving it, other vehicles in my garage are a 2008 CTS DI Sport, a 2007 CTS 3.6L and a 2017 Buick Regal Turbo.

Exterior:

Front:

CTS Thunder gray sport grille and hood lip.
STS-V fog lights
Depo tinted markers
V3 badging
Evo gray powdercoated stock 18" wheels

Rear:
Depo LED tinted tail lights.

Performance:
Conservatively modified to maintain a stealthy passenger friendly factory like character and exhaust note.
Stock LS2 Block

Modifications:
I have done all the upgrades myself, however the final ECU dyno tuning has been done by Katech

RPM Transmissions Level V T56
Katech LS9X Twin Disc Clutch (ZR1 Clutch)
V2 LSA milled cylinder heads (CNC'd and milled by Katech)
SDPC LS9 Powermax camshaft
A host of other supporting engine and valvetrain modifications.
Magnaflow V1 Mufflers

Stock baseline dyno results:
~347 WHP & ~341 Lb.ft

Modified dyno results:
~410 WHP & ~390 Lb.ft

Part 1: Interior Customization

Part 2: Performance and Exterior Mods

Interior:
The interior just like the exterior has been customized to bring in GM features that were not available from the factory for the V1.
It has also been spruced up with custom touches to complete the picture.

Custom steering wheel (my design) with tri v-color stitching,
STS-V airbag + custom integration of 2003 cruise controls (with a custom steering bezel I made for this car).

Power folding mirrors control (non-factory GM feature added to this car)

V3 cup-holder inserts modified to fit + base armrest with custom stitched leather.

Misc:
BT 45-VETTE Bluetooth factory integration module installed (supports steering wheel controls and hands-free calling)
Black tweeter grilles from an 03 base CTS to replace the stock beige grilles.
Lingenfelter black anodized V1 pedal kit

·
Administrator
3,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·

Voting is now open, and it's time to choose your winner!

A big thank you to all who participated. For those who didn't qualify this month, stick around and give it another go. 😊

~MR

·
Registered
2013 XTS Platinum titanium white
158 Posts
I've been puzzled ever since I bought my 2013 platinum xts with 20" wheels that look just like yours. The wheels on my were suppose to be the wheels with the chrome inserts, but did,nt realize it until I got the spec sheet on it. I bought it out of state and didn't check with the prior owner as to why/when they were changed. Were your wheels stock or did you get them after you purchased the car? Just curious. I really like the wheels. Are they 20" as well? Love the color of
of your car as well.

·
Registered
EU - SRX 2004 N* (with autogaz system) AWD, 7seat, trailer hitch westfalia.
378 Posts

·
Administrator
3,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
This dumbass got 10 "likes" on this Shepherd driven car but failed to follow instructions about the Odometer photo. Is there an honorable mention award, ha! 😁 :ROFLMAO:😁
Next month's challenge will be doable by anyone, so you'll be able to try again in a few days. ;)
~MR

·
Registered
2006 DTS
194 Posts
Just seen this thread. Love the 300k on the dts. Mines got 233 right now, owned it since 79. My old phone died with most of the cool pictures but I'll see if i can get a couple cool ones off the computer on here.
Car Gauge Speedometer Vehicle Motor vehicle

Gauge Motor vehicle Mode of transport Measuring instrument Tachometer

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Car Vehicle

Kinda hard to see but this was years ago with my seville. Only vehicle I've owned with under 100k miles minus the dts when i started with it now. Did the same thing when I rolled 100 in the dts but pictures lost. Had the cruise set to 100 on that one, needle on 100, but digital speedo showed 99 in the pic.

This was less than a year into having the dts and took a trip down to florida

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 DTS
194 Posts
Found the rolling over of 100k on the dts. No good pictures after a detail of it. The palm tree pic i left wi with it caked in salt and got a so so automatic wash when i got there. Gave it a proper detail bout a month ago, shampooed carpets, cleaned glass, meguairsed everything. Wax, door jams, under hood, wheels, exhaust pipes. Would have taken pics but was dark when i finished. After the spring time wax i'll get some good ones

I hate to copy the odometer thing but seen another thread on here where someone did the same thing and the seville was the 1st car i've ever had with under 100 so had to do it too
Speedometer Vehicle Car Gauge Motor vehicle
Gadget Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Font Vehicle

I hope we don't have any of that minus 30 crap this winter

21 - 38 of 38 Posts