Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1959 Cadillac, 1980 Cadillac,Former 2005 CTS-V; now a 2009 V
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just out of curiosity, and i hate to bump an old thread, but "competetive mode" is when you hold the T/C button down for 5 seconds, right? should it display anything on the screen or anything? cause mine doesn't, it just shows the "T/C" light on the dash.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V Redline
743 Posts
Re: They Shipping My Babie Away In The Morning =(

just out of curiosity, and i hate to bump an old thread, but "competetive mode" is when you hold the T/C button down for 5 seconds, right? should it display anything on the screen or anything? cause mine doesn't, it just shows the "T/C" light on the dash.
Nope, from startup hit the TC button twice relatively quick. This should take it to competition mode.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: They Shipping My Babie Away In The Morning =(

iiiiinteresting...

and competition mode does what with traction control and stabilitrak?

cause doesn't holding it down for a few seconds do something?

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so if mine DOESN'T say "competition mode" (and i tried this dozens of times), what would that mean?

that i have a CTS program instead of CTS-V?

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V (Thunder Grey)
1,667 Posts
Sounds like your nav unit was replaced and they didn't tell the unit that it was in a V. Happened to me a year ago. They reprogrammed something and now it goes into competitive mode.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the replies everyone.

ok after reading around other posts in other threads, i realized that i could see if the programmable buttons part of the nav unit was grayed out or not, to determine if it had been correctly programmed as a V or just a regular CTS.

well it looks like it's definately a V... so then maybe i'm not doing it at the right time? my startup sequence is as follows:
key turned to 'on' and engine started --> NAV shows the cadillac logo (3 seconds or so) --> NAV shows personalized message (4 or 5 seconds or so) --> NAV shows the latest menu, whether it's navigation, disk, radio, etc.

I tried "double clicking" the T/C button throughout the process, and after another 15 tries, i got it once...

is it a 'quick' double-click? like the type of double click we do with mice on computers? or is it like twice in 2 seconds kind of thing? at exactly what stage do you normally do it?

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
another thing i noticed is that the "T/C" light in the middle of the console doesn't light up every time. sometimes i have to click the button 2 or 3 times to get it to light up, or to disappear. maybe the button's not working right... :-/

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
5,329 Posts
This really shouldn't be as difficult as you described. The owners manual states to push your T/C button twice within 5 seconds. Competitive mode should display on the DIC. Very simple to do. If this doesn't work, I'd say you definitely have a more complex problem.

Your T/C dash indicator should light on after one push and after two pushes (within 5 seconds - competitve mode). It should then turn off after a third push (or second push if not in competitive mode) and reset.

You said you did get it to work only once in 15 tries... It very well could be a switch problem. I've never had any difficulty getting into competitive mode. It's not a double-click of a computer mouse, but rather a casual, "two push" of the T/C button. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
I found your problem, Mystical:

In your "Clutch Slipping" thread you mentioned that two of your tire monitors are showing --. That's why your Comp mode won't come on.

Even though your tire pressures could be fine, the car doesn't know and therefore doesn't want you driving around in Competition Mode with low tires. Get the TPMs fixed and your TC functions will work perfectly again.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts