Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I am new to this forum. i dont have a Cadillac ( YET).. But a '97 Aurora with the smaller version of your engine -4.0
Anyway , I thought maybe I could learn some stuff here.. since it seems so hard to find anyone that knows anything about those motors.
Latest Issue........strange noise ..only when accelerating and turning right...hard to describe the noise.. a kind of whooshing noise.
abruptly stops when the wheel is straight...and cant reproduce it sitting still..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,805 Posts
Welcome Jim,
Nothing is striking a bell with the noise your car is making can you go more into detail with the issue. How fast are you going, how sharp of a turn, how load is the noise, where is the noise coming from, is it a grinding noise,etc....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JJhomer83 said:
Welcome Jim,
Nothing is striking a bell with the noise your car is making can you go more into detail with the issue. How fast are you going, how sharp of a turn, how load is the noise, where is the noise coming from, is it a grinding noise,etc....
The noise is hard to describe...its almost like everything is just getting louder. but if i had to describe it, it is almost a fluid noise, not a grinding or clicking. It does it anytime you accelerate and the steering wheel is turned to the right more than abour 20 degrees or so..It stops as soon as the steering wheel returns to center. My mechanic, who knows these cars pretty good-he used to work for an olds dealer before he opened his own place- cant be sure.. he says it may be a wheel or axle bearing..but it just doesnt sound right to him.. There was an issue with those cars, something to do with a power steering hose. there is a TSB out, but it refers more to a steering shudder at low speeds- parking lot type...maybe it is related.............
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,805 Posts
jim56 said:
The noise is hard to describe...its almost like everything is just getting louder. but if i had to describe it, it is almost a fluid noise, not a grinding or clicking. It does it anytime you accelerate and the steering wheel is turned to the right more than abour 20 degrees or so..It stops as soon as the steering wheel returns to center. My mechanic, who knows these cars pretty good-he used to work for an olds dealer before he opened his own place- cant be sure.. he says it may be a wheel or axle bearing..but it just doesnt sound right to him.. There was an issue with those cars, something to do with a power steering hose. there is a TSB out, but it refers more to a steering shudder at low speeds- parking lot type...maybe it is related.............
You got me lost for words on this problem. I agree with your mechanic about the bushings, bearings, the only thing i would do is to jack the car up and see if you can duplicate the noise there or put more fluid in. Others will see this and chime in with there 2 cents
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JJhomer83 said:
You got me lost for words on this problem. I agree with your mechanic about the bushings, bearings, the only thing i would do is to jack the car up and see if you can duplicate the noise there or put more fluid in. Others will see this and chime in with there 2 cents
I certainly appreciate any input anyone has .
Thanks
Jim
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top