Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
You gotta do SOMETHING to make that boat quicker ;)
Hope it works out for you Bill. The problem is that cam swaps quite often just move the powerband upwards, and that just screws up the best part of the "stock" LT1. The great lower rpm torque, which translates into better driveability. Let me know how the car acts when under light throttle and lugging 4th gear. I'll be interested to hear if the surge is better or worse.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Geez Kevin... Do you ever have anything positive to say??? ;)

The ZZ3 is actually supposed to be a bit better on the low end than the stock LT1 cam, a big reason of why I went with it. :)

I don't know how my 4th gear experiences will benefit you. Because I still have 2 more gears afterwards... And no converter. :p

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
man, everytime i read about you or katshot doing somthing new to your FW i want one. One day i'll have a 600hp 6-speed cadillac! Muhahahahha!

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
I absolutely COVET toomanytoyz's and Katshot's Fleetwoods.

Really nice setups, dudes.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Katshot said:
I didn't know you got the T-56 in yet. How do you like it? Have you taken it to the track yet? Not that I'm looking at doing one, I'm just curious.
Well... No. It's not in YET. But it will be in a couple weeks. I was going to put it in before I drove it with the new cam, but now I plan to get the PCM reflashed and drive it with the auto for a couple weeks. Taking it to the track next wednesday (Apr 2) to see what kind of numbers I can put down with the auto. :)

Oh, and thanks for the props on the car guys. But just know, mine is a bit nicer than Kevin's. ;)

Cuz I'll be able to do this: :burn:

:p

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Hell, he's got to catch up to mine first ;) As I recall, I still have him by a half second, and this spring I'll be tuning her up for the first time since I bought it so I'm hoping to see even lower 14's or MAYBE even a high 13.
It'll be awhile before either of us manages to catch up to yours though. Now if you disconnect that DAMN BOTTLE........;)

·
Registered
266 Posts
The bottel's been dissconected for over a year. I sold all the go juice stuff or traded off by last October. All I got left is the Manifold, which had a lot of looky loos but no one would put up the cash for. So the 600hp estamite got knocked back down to 400hp. Times still suck ass with the 2.56 one wheeler though. The best time I had on a good nite with the car running half way decent was 14.7's off bottel. Never actually ran it at the track on bottel though. That was more for Saturday nights at the street races. You should see peoples faces when this big ass Caddy rolls up with a nasty rumble and N20 purging from the cowl. :D

·
Registered
266 Posts
Yeah, the 3.73's and a posi help A LOT!!! On the bottel it's probablly a mid 13 sec car. I can only imagin what it would be like with the gears installed and it running right. I'd probablly need slicks... EVERYWHERE. The car has a hard time hooking now with 10 inch tires off the bottle. It spins through the 60' mark. That's with the front end dumped and like 60-90psi in the rear bags. I did another run with the front raised up and the same psi out back and pickup a couple tenth with a little less tire spin but not much. I don't know. There are thing it needs and My skill isn't exactly the greatest. It's a beast though. It's more fun to just take her out and cuase havok anyway. If it was still running right and I still street raced I'd probably make a lot of money with her. You guys can fight over bad ass of the FW comunity now. I'm selling the car anyway. My reign is over befor it ever really started.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey Guys,

Looks like we all need to catch ya, Kev. ;) You must have a wednesday afternoon car or something, cuz she don't run like she was built on a Monday morning or Friday afternoon! That's for sure.

I took it out for a ride today, and it feels really good. Less throttle input to get the car up to spped, and it feels more responsive. I haven't taken her above 3 grand yet though. I figure I'll laze through this tank and then have fun with the next one. :)

Oh, added bonus, I swapped over to new injectors, and it seems to have smoothed things out. The car doesn't smell like it's running rich anymore, so that's good! Hopefully that'll help out my mileage.

I'm hitting the track this wednesday, so hopefully I'll have some low 14's to brag about. :) I am also swapping to tri-y's instead of my quad 1's in the next couple weeks too. Oh, and the t56 goes in on the 12th. Can't wait!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 98 Posts
About this Discussion
97 Replies
19 Participants
DemonDNF