Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
05 Stealth Gray V
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At a light And this young guy in one of those mazda3 wagons. I take off normal he comes around and revs so he spools. I look over at him and shake my head no. He continues to egg me on. My wife was thinking that he just wanted to see how fast the V actually is. So im in 3rd at about 40 or so. He takes off. Im like its on. I down shift to 2nd and pass him like he is standing still and about 4-5 cars on him. I slow from 100mph to like 50. He comes around on my left and starts again. This time I was really gonna hold off but he keeped busting me up. So I downshift again and take off, as im passing him I wave Bye Bye. I look down in what feels like 3 or 4 seconds and im at 138mph. (the fasted iv gone in the V) I look in my mirror and I really can't even see him. I get to the next light (it is a long hwy with no light or traffic for a while) and he catches up and rolls his window down and he is on his phone and really taking a hard look. Finally the light turns green and he goes his way and I go mine.

Now Im not considering this a kill because he had no chance. But he got what he wanted. A better look at my tail lights.

:bouncy: gene

·
Registered
none :(
2,045 Posts
Here is what I say although it may not apply here...
It is better to have raced and lost then to never have raced at all.
Good Kill.
Some people are just asking for it.

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
ugh glad u shut his ass up. I woulda revved back at him (if i had the v's power :bigroll: ) & just scared him off with that mean roar.
if that didnt work, run circles around him.... literally...

(pass from right, move in front of him, move to his left & slow down enough then move behind him, then accelerate enough and switch lanes to your original spot on his right... continue process until you run out of lanes!)

·
Registered
1996 DeVille, 1985 Brougham SAGE GREEN!
2,750 Posts
The Mazdaspeed 3 is a very quick machine. 0-60 in 5.3, 1/4 in 14 flat at 101mph. Top speed 155mph. .87g on the skid pad, and braking from 70mph is on par with a V.

It is not something you should toy with. Maybe in a V, but not many other things. With a couple mods and a little boost in psi, it would run with a stock V all day, for a fraction of the price.

I dont doubt you beat him, but be careful, with a few dollars under the hood, he may just embarass you.

·
Registered
2007 E92 BMW 335i
10,761 Posts
The Mazdaspeed 3 and 6 are some of the best sleepers out there right now, very underestimated.

·
Registered
05 Stealth Gray V
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's not that I was taking him lightly at all. But I really didn't want to play. My V is stock. I only have a intake and CAGS. (for now) It's the point of him wanting to egg me on. He must have known what the V is. If it were a regular CTS he would have walked away easy. I forgot to mention I had a lot of pedal left.

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V (sold)
1,473 Posts
I forgot to mention I had a lot of pedal left.

Good runs...but don't leave any pedal hanging. He's gonna go around and tell people he only lost by 2 buslengths. It's bad rep for the V. :)

·
Registered
2004 Customized black on tan 3.6L CTS
5,147 Posts
I have crushed many of those new Mazdas in my CTS. I doubt it was the speed versions though because I cant hang with those numbers. LOL!! Once I put a dry shot on my CTS next year I should be able to hang though.....

·
Registered
The Northstar Tuner
2,759 Posts
I have crushed many of those new Mazdas in my CTS. I doubt it was the speed versions though because I cant hang with those numbers. LOL!! Once I put a dry shot on my CTS next year I should be able to hang though.....
Nick do you check your oil level?
Do you change it every 6K?
Mobil one ?
was does your oil life say when you change it?
Have you ever ran out of oil?
I would like to know I am serious.
You pound on it correct?
Can you check your oil for me and tell me how low it is?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts