Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
07 CTS-V Raven
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently own a 2007 V and am wanting to sell it this spring and get a V2 now that 2011 & 2012s are in my price range. Problem is that there don't seem to be too many manual sedans for sale. Quite a few coupes and way more automatics than I would have thought.

Just curious if this has always been the case or now with the V3 not having a manual option people are holding onto their V2? Trying to guage how picky I am going to be able to be on exactly what I want.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
2,840 Posts
Yes, been the case for years. And when you find one even remotely close to the options you want, grab it quick.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
I think the statistic when I ordered my 2010 6M was 1 out of 9 V's were manuals? I certainly couldn't find any....

·
Registered
2010 CTSV Sedan
38 Posts
Took me almost a year to find mine. I had left my name with almost every Cadillac dealer in Ontario. Lots of automatics available but none of them were able to locate a manual.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,177 Posts
I had trouble finding a manual wagon, too. Keep looking, gotta row those gears.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
I had to order mine. Only way to get it! Now that the V2 is out of production, it will be even harder to find.

·
Registered
2018 CTS-V Black Raven, Carbon Package, Recaros
352 Posts
Probably 29k miles. Only options were graphite wheels and yellow calipers. It also has tinted windows, Corsa touring exhaust and an Airaid CAI. Dealer is going to give me around 40k for it if I decide to trade it in. I ordered a new ZL1 Camaro yesterday.

·
Registered
2009 Black/Black V, Manual, Recaros, loaded
258 Posts
535 manuals in 2009 out of 3035 total; 6M's are overwhelming minority.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Wagon-Raven Black, manual, satin graphite wheels
456 Posts
About 13% of total 09-13 V sedan production were manuals. Don't have the 14 numbers. ~1300ish manual cars. Seems like manual owners just keep them longer than auto owners making manuals disproportionately harder to find used.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,177 Posts
One such reason: Manual owners really want a manual, and the car is not just a vehicle, it is a special ride. Like you said, V Wagon, they keep them longer.

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts
Tinman has it correct. I had to special order mine with a 10% deposit up front. I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY wanted my 6MT V wagon and it's not leaving my clutches for a while.

·
Registered
14,177 Posts
Tinman has it correct. I had to special order mine with a 10% deposit up front. I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY wanted my 6MT V wagon and it's not leaving my clutches for a while.
My wife just doesn't get it, either. The best thing she has said to me was this past Friday night. While driving home, she said "Don't expect me to drive this"! God, I love that woman.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
My wife just doesn't get it, either. The best thing she has said to me was this past Friday night. While driving home, she said "Don't expect me to drive this"! God, I love that woman.
My wife said she can't drive my V because it's a manual and my response was...you say that like it's a bad thing! I don't want her driving my V! She said that my next V better be an auto, so in case we need to switch cars, she can drive it. When I had an auto V, she never drove that car either! I told her I may buy my car at lease end and keep it for a long time as I can never get a new manual V Coupe ever again. Cadillac screwed us! If I get a 2016 CTS-V, I guess that will make her happy. It looks to be a win win situation if I decide to sell the V Coupe and take delivery of the 2016 CTS-V I already have a deposit on. Problem is I really love the manual V! What a car! Just amazing!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts