Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2011 White SRX Performance/2011 Radiant Silver CTS-V Coupe
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Monday, I finally took delivery of a Silver 2011 CTS-V Coupe. Here are some miscellaneous ramblings, rants, and raves.

1)A big shout out to Don, Cameron, Rod, and Mike at Allen Cadillac in Laguna Niguel. Due to my inabilty to make a decision, they stayed open two and a half hours late while I drove up. This saved me thousands over waiting until Tuesday. They darn near gave it away. It was an internet special with an MSRP of $70590 and a discount of $4891 before rebates! After loyalty and Ally cap reduction incentive, it was $62699. That is $7891.00 off of MSRP! That, frankly, was the only way I was able to get into that car at this time. Also, a shout out to Ramiro at Paradise Cadillac in Temecula. He was very helpful and if that Grey one only had been an automatic......

2)This car will be replacing my 2010 GT500 (FOR SALE, BTW) with a six speed manual. I'm all done shifting and getting my kidneys damaged....at least for now. At 24, that was cool. At my current age, not so much. The GT500 is a cool car and has a Mojo like no other, but it still is a Mustang, as good or bad as that may be. The Sync/Nav system is second to none, though.

3)I almost stuffed the car into the guard rail in the first two minutes of my ownership. Nailing the gas in a 556HP automatic is very different that in a 540HP manual. Getting onto the freeway, I decided to see what it felt like. I didn't realize the transmission would kick down so hard and the thing got sideways. Now that would have been an embarassing phone call.

4)Why did Cadillac decide to not use all of their latest technology in this flagship vehicle? The Nav/infotainment system is far inferior to our 2011 SRX. No power folding mirrors (see SRX)? No bluetooth stereo audio? Someone PLEASE tell me the left mirror auto dims. I had four Chrysler Town and Country Limiteds over the last twelve years that all had this and most were less than half the price! Really????? No heated steering wheel? A Luxury CTS has that optional, but not the 70K V??? Really???? Not to mention Rainsense wipers. None are deal breakers, but all are very disappointing in a car in this price range.

5)12 MPG city right as gas goes over $4/gallon? What have I done?

6)Recaro seats are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7)Well, that's all for now. I haven't driven it since we got it home.

8)I'm ready for your comments and thoughts. Good, Bad, or Ugly.

·
Registered
'09 CTS-V, White Diamond, Auto, all optons, Corsa Pipes
186 Posts
i didn't realize that later models don't come with the rainsense wipers. my biggest gripes about missing tech items are no reverse tilt mirrors and no back-up camera until '11 models. but oh well....the thumbs up from strangers and ridiculous performance more than makes up for that. welcome to the club!

·
Registered
Really Cool '11 CTS-V Wagon
1,087 Posts
Get up early one Sunday morning, drive the Ortega Hwy to Lake Elsinore and back and you will forget about gas prices and the rest of your complaints.

·
Registered
09 CTS-V, Radiant silver, Loaded, Auto
455 Posts
4)Why did Cadillac decide to not use all of their latest technology in this flagship vehicle?
You do know the car has a very high tech suspension setup, right? Not to mention the stabilitrak will save your ass if you don't foolishly disable it before getting to know your car.
Also, how is a dealer going to close when they smell a potential sale? You should be thanking them if they got you a loan with no interest at their cost. And your cost savings still don't amount to GMS pricing. It's good you like your car but be careful with it, you could kill yourself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts