Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Escalade Platinum
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 4 month trial for XM is over so I'm now listening to FM again and the 2 major stations I listen 2 the rds isn't working? I'm from Boston and 96.9 FM has had same song info on screen since XM turned off (I really think it was working before XM turned off) and on 94.5 I get no info. On my old 2010 both stations broadcasted the song info. I currently have a 2013 premium

·
Registered
2013 SRX FWD Performance - Xenon Blue / Shale-Brownstone
296 Posts
Not sure, but there might be an ON/OFF setting for RDS. Have to check the CUE manual.

·
Registered
2013 SRX Premium w/ Navigation
161 Posts
It may also be the station(s).

I believe RDS pertains to analog only broadcasts & HDRadio is a different signal, but I'm nit entirely sure.

Houston has several HD channels.

Occasionally, I notice that a station refuses to update. If I switch stations, I get updated info & if I switch back to the original station, I get the same, outdated info that I saw before. That seems to indicate that the radio is fine and the problem is in incorrect data (or perhaps missing data) in the transmission.

In other cases, I've noticed the info showing a song 30-60 seconds before it starts. i.e. before the current song has finished, I know what the next song is going to be.

I don't know what's involved in keeping the analog RDS and HDRadio info synced, but there is bound to be room for hiccups.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2017 Escalade Platinum
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you... Last srx didn't have hd radio and this 2013 does but to be honest sounds the same to me ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts