Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. just putting up my first post introducing myself to the board. I have a 1996 Cadillac deville which I inherited from my parents 3 years ago. My parents owned Cadillac's most of my life. I was around 10 when they got a 1976 deville back in the day. they owned cadillacs from there on (with a four year break to own a chevy impala), so I am very familar with the brand. around 2004, both of them started getting up in age and ill. the car sat for about 4 years which by then both had passed. I took the car and have had it on my property ever since. After a few years of driving a pickup truck it dawned on me, why am I driving a pickup with a cadillac in my back yard. so I got the paper work squared away and am about to take it in for inspection today.

here are my issues that I know about having driven it around the neighborhood:

speedo display not showing.
trouble shifting gears

I have been following the boards and noticed mention of the speed sensor and I have also seen something mentioned about vaccum hoses. obviously hoping for vaccum hoses since the replacement of the sensor may be costly. I do believe its a vaccum hose issue since the car really has not been driven for 8 years on a regular basis. I do have above average mechanical ability, but this one I am leaving to the professionals.

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
88,155 Posts
:welcome:

Start by pulling the DTC. Post them and their definitions.

I don't think either of those two things are vacuum related.

·
Registered
2006 STS V Tango int
2,341 Posts
Yea start with the DTC's, then check the fuses and battery cables for corrosion oh and welcome to the forum!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ended up putting it in the shop and got what I think was a good deal. the entire console display was replaced, to solenoids were replaced, ac charged, inspection, oil change for under 1000 bucks. I got the plates today and pick up friday or thursday evening. goodbye gmc sonoma pick up truck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts