Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
95 Seville, 95 Fleetwood Brougham.
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I sold my 95 Fleetwood Brougham. Damn I miss that car but some guy threw money at me to buy her so I caved.
I recently looked into a CTS and found it very small. Nice car but it wasn't for me. Then I looked at the SRX but for my taste I passed.
The STS wasn't much bigger and the unreliability of the DHS kept me away. So I bought a Ford Edge. Nice little car and I'm happy with my choice. I've recently had a Suburban and a Corvette, both are now gone also.
I am now looking for another Fleetwood Brougham, 94-96 in as good as condition as mine was. The only thing I didn't like was the cornering but overall, the best car I've ever had. Maybe Cadillac will make a bigger car again.
I want my Caddy back. :tard:

·
Registered
1980 Eldorado, 1974 Talisman, 2004 Volvo C70, 1975 Fleetwood 'd Elegance
7,958 Posts
I feel your pain friend.
Thank you for sharing.
This is a "teachable moment" for all Cadillac owners.

This should be a "Sticky" titled................."Thinking of selling your Cadillac? Beware!"

·
Registered
2008 DTS 1980 CDV. Past 1990 Bro. 1981 SDV diesel
360 Posts
I miss the comfort of my 90', but it freed up some dollars for other projects. That car went 23k trouble free miles in 8 months & only asked for gas.....

·
Registered
87 Brougham, 1969 Calais, 95 FWB, 07 SRX, 07 ESV
4,246 Posts
I have an 05 CTS and it is very small. We were pretty comfortable in it until we had to put the car seat in it...

Cadillac is making a bigger 4 door RWD sedan soon called the CT6. Haven't seen too much about it but from what I hear it's a return to the roots of sorts. Too bad they didn't bring back the Brougham or Fleetwood name.

·
Registered
1990 Brougham, 1990 Brougham d'elgance 1979 Coupe
1,196 Posts
Ive had over a dozen Cadillacs, and I wish I had them al back.

The one I missed the most was my 79 Fleetwood.

·
Registered
1995 Fleetwood
84 Posts
When I sold my first car ('71 Nova) my granddad told me "Son, you can't drive a check."

So ever since, I've really weighed selling decisions.

Been pondering letting my 95 go, mainly because I can't justify owning a car that I have to store for winters. And I don't want the winter to start eating her up.

Been kicking around the idea of a mid seventies sedan, but a 60s truck could be a lot easier to justify.

·
Registered
55 Posts
In the S CA area, it should not be too hard to find a nice 94-96 Fleetwood again. I have had 89 cars in my life, the first 83 were not newer than the 1972 model year. I have had Rivieras, T-Birds, Mustangs, SS Chevelles, GS Skylarks, and a slew of others, I would not trade my 94 Fleetwood for ALL 88 of the previous cars back.

·
Registered
1995 SEDAN DEVILLE-4.9 & 1978 SEDAN DEVILLE-425
1,673 Posts
I`ve learned to "appreciate a good thing when you have it".
Many people have offered me much $$$ for both my Deville`s over the years and some were very tempting with
cash in hand, but a little voice inside always says "just keep them" which is why I`ve kept my Deville`s for so many years.
I honestly get offers on them weekly.Just the other day I went into to shop at local mall,when I came out there was a hand written
note under my wiper of my '95 Deville that said" I love your car---if you want to sell call xxx-xxxx".
Stuff like that makes me glad I never sold it.

·
Registered
1995 Fleetwood
84 Posts
Just the other day I went into to shop at local mall,when I came out there was a hand written
note under my wiper of my '95 Deville that said" I love your car---if you want to sell call xxx-xxxx".
Stuff like that makes me glad I never sold it.
Things like that happen to me quite often with the '95. I Imagine people with new, plastic cars don't get much of that type of action. :)

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Things like that happen to me quite often with the '95. I Imagine people with new, plastic cars don't get much of that type of action. :)
Our Caddy`s are truly Classics that have so much "style and elegance".
The new plastic rides have none of either.

·
Registered
1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
4,414 Posts
I never trade our Cadillac for another Cadillac no matter what or under any condition .These RWD cars exude style and elegance . Today's Cadillacs may ride even better, outperform LT1s ,"outhandle" these cars but that's not my concern .Cadillacs should look like Cadillacs so are their names

·
Registered
1989 Brougham d'Elegance, 1985 Fleetwood Brougham *Coupe*
4,256 Posts
I never trade our Cadillac for another Cadillac no matter what or under any condition .These RWD cars exude style and elegance . Today's Cadillacs may ride even better, outperform LT1s ,"outhandle" these cars but that's not my concern .Cadillacs should look like Cadillacs so are their names
I agree with that sentiment. I recently got rid of my 06 Impala (it was more or less my Mom's car, but I helped her pay for it), and we were looking to trade up to something better than a Chevrolet, so we looked at Cadillac, Buick, and some non-GM's I can't remember. The Cadillacs had bland interiors and the only that was in our price range was the ATS, which just looks uninspired. We ended up settling for a 2014 Impala, because it was brand new and still cheaper than a used Buick.

But one thing that I have been noticing, is that Cadillac is no-longer Cadillac. When GM changed its brands around and did a way with Pontiac, Cadillac became the new 'Performance" division for GM, and Buick became the new Cadillac.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
I agree with that sentiment. I recently got rid of my 06 Impala (it was more or less my Mom's car, but I helped her pay for it), and we were looking to trade up to something better than a Chevrolet, so we looked at Cadillac, Buick, and some non-GM's I can't remember. The Cadillacs had bland interiors and the only that was in our price range was the ATS, which just looks uninspired. We ended up settling for a 2014 Impala, because it was brand new and still cheaper than a used Buick.

But one thing that I have been noticing, is that Cadillac is no-longer Cadillac. When GM changed its brands around and did a way with Pontiac, Cadillac became the new 'Performance" division for GM, and Buick became the new Cadillac.
I agree with you.
Also present day Cadillac`s are marketed for the younger performance orientated buyers.
Even if I could afford a new DHS or DTS, I would "never" buy one. I don`t like the looks and the shorter bodylength and narrower bodywidth of them.
I`m just happy I have my '78 & '95 Deville`s from back in the day when Cadillac luxury rides still had some imposing size to them.
I feel very safe when driving them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts