Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking about just the 50 shot so not too hard on my engine. How much engine life would i drain and would NOS work my our ECU. How does it work neway.

Thanks guys

http://performance.drivewire.com/getparts/index.aspx?pref=Nitrous%20System|CADILLAC|CTS|2003||V6|3.2|197|MFI|Forced%20Induction

·
Registered
CTS
1,485 Posts
I've never seen anyone here in the CTS forum use NO2.
NOS might be the easiest, most bang for the buck performance upgrade we could do here. 50 shot sounds like it would work.

That would give you a kick in the pants perf "boost" but I wonder how the differential would take it?

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Black on Black
1,852 Posts
That should'nt shorten the life of the engine any. The diff........ as long as you aren't using it at launch it should be OK, but with it's history, who can say for sure. Generally these parts are over-engineered a bit. Since the ECU is our biggest performance obstical, the gas would be a good way to go for 50-75 extra HP,but again I'm not sure about the compatability with the ECU.

·
Registered
CTS
1,485 Posts
That should'nt shorten the life of the engine any. The diff........ as long as you aren't using it at launch it should be OK, but with it's history, who can say for sure. Generally these parts are over-engineered a bit. Since the ECU is our biggest performance obstical, the gas would be a good way to go for 50-75 extra HP,but again I'm not sure about the compatability with the ECU.
It wouldn't mess with the ECU any because it would only be used at WOT, and only at those times. By the time the ECU figures out something is up it would be well over.

The beauty of NOS is that you only use it when needed and sparengly.

It would defianetly put the 3.6 into LS1 HP land.

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,957 Posts
It wouldn't mess with the ECU any because it would only be used at WOT, and only at those times. By the time the ECU figures out something is up it would be well over.

The beauty of NOS is that you only use it when needed and sparengly.

It would definately put the 3.6 into LS1 HP land.
The trouble with that statement is that human nature is such that as you see yourself getting your ass waxed you start taking more chances and pushing more limits. You're probably looking to learn a very expensive lesson.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think im getting interested in buying it. When I sell the car, can i easily take it out and how much experience do I need to install this dry kit with 50 shot. And do i set the shot?

·
Registered
CTS
1,485 Posts
I think im getting interested in buying it. When I sell the car, can i easily take it out and how much experience do I need to install this dry kit with 50 shot. And do i set the shot?
When you install it, do so with the idea that you want to remove it competely, it won't be an issue, the main things will be how the NOS is injected and where you will mount the hoses and the bottle?

You realize that this is something that would/could invalidate your drivetrain warranty?

·
Registered
JimmyH
12,029 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Im ordering one soon. its similar price, my warranty is over. I have 125,000kms on my car now.

Have been on the same factory differential so lets see how this mod work. dont go more than 50 shot guys. You will burn ur differential

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
As of june-01-2006. Having NOS is your car is illegal in canada. I was so close to ordering it and now I found out that if cops pull you over and find out you have NOS is your car, you car is compounded right away and you wont be getting it back................sucks

·
Registered
2003 1SC Diamond White CTS
3,281 Posts
compounded? I think you mean impounded.

Either way, that sucks. Put it in the spare tire well... they'll really have to know what they're looking for to find it.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts