Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94 Deville and was wondering if anyone could disable the traction control from the pcm?
TIA
Al

·
Registered
13 Challenger RT, 11 CTS Coupe Premium, 94 Eldorado (RIP)
1,306 Posts
Yes, it can be done temporarily. You need to go into the pcm override menu.

Welcome to the forum. Are you familiar with entering the diagnostic testing section of the OBD1?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eldyfig said:
Yes, it can be done temporarily. You need to go into the pcm override menu.

Welcome to the forum. Are you familiar with entering the diagnostic testing section of the OBD1?
Yea but i'm looking for somthing more permanent.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Eldyfig said:
Traction control will permanently disable if you pull the ABS fuse. But then you won't have ABS.
Won't that throw the ecm into "limp" mode?
I thought if the ecm cant communicate with the abs then the ecm wont work properly.

·
Registered
157 Posts
You must answer this question first. "Why do I want to undo what it took a team of engineers to do?". If you answer that question with practical facts then continue on.
lry99eldo

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,963 Posts
He must have run into the same bunch of "experts" I did at the local watering hole. They had all kinds of advice about features on cars they had never seen.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lry99eldo said:
You must answer this question first. "Why do I want to undo what it took a team of engineers to do?". If you answer that question with practical facts then continue on.
lry99eldo
It's a simple question "Freud". dont over analyze it.
In most cases it's would be fine but in mine i dont need or want ABS or traction control.
If it's as simple as pulling a fuse then great I will try that in the morning.
Thanks Eldyfig.

btw: dkozloski my info came from some of the "experts" on this board in a search i did before posting this question.

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
The PCM will set a code but shouldn't turn on the MIL.
The MIL is only an indicator of a problem that will affect emissions systems.
The EBTCM and the PCM have a separate set of circuits called "torque requested" and "torque delivered". The PCM will set a code for this bus from the EBCM but it won't change the way the car runs.

I am sure there is a reason for doing this, but I also don't know why you'd want to. Doesn't mean you are wrong, just means I don't understand.
HTH.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,781 Posts
Eldyfig said:
Traction control will permanently disable if you pull the ABS fuse. But then you won't have ABS.
Or first gear.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts