Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, im a newbie to these northstars.. what's the deal with the 4.6 northstar when it shuts down (sometimes) but then will start right back up and run fine.. i have a 96' concours. thanks

·
Registered
The Northstar Tuner
2,759 Posts
well, im a newbie to these northstars.. what's the deal with the 4.6 northstar when it shuts down (sometimes) but then will start right back up and run fine.. i have a 96' concours. thanks
Look at your under hood fuse box. Pull the entire plastic cover off and look fro corrosion or blue washer fluid residue or all the fuses or relays.

·
Registered
1996 Cadillac Seville STS (167k)
473 Posts
how many miles on it? the throttle body could be so carboned up it causes it to randomly stop. this happens while at stoplights.

·
Registered
Cadillac
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will check those things, but it doesn't necessarily do it when its raining. It will just shut off and that's it... weird

·
Registered
Cadillac
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
one more thing.. i don't usually mess with forums like this, so.. how do you find out when someone has replied to your posts? I had to search for this thread so i could find out if someone replied.. good grief.. I'm tired..

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,977 Posts
Symptoms are suspiciously like a CKP sensor.
Have you pulled the codes?

·
Registered
The Northstar Tuner
2,759 Posts

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,977 Posts
I have to admit that the '96 is not known for bad CKP 's.

·
Registered
Cadillac
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i have been looking at other models.. i have read a bunch of ad descriptions on ebay and have seen 2 or 3 different people describing this problem. "shuts off and then starts right back up..." type in this item number on ebay and read the ad.. 160131333447

1 - 12 of 12 Posts