Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94 Eldorado with 138,000 on the Northstar and a 92 Deville with 146,000 on the old traditional 4.9L V-8. I take alot roadtrips and am going to away to school in the fall. Which do you think is more reliable, roadworthy and has the best chance on lasting 200,000+ miles? The only major maintenance done to either was a transmission change on the eldorado.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I would say the Northstar Eldo. It really all depends on the history of the car. For example I had an 88 Chevrolet truck with 300,000 hard driven miles on it and it only had one engine rebuild. On the other hand, my dad's 94 Dodge Ram needed a new engine an tranny at 80,000 miles, it has gone through 3 waterpumps, and has major suspension problems. I have heard of Rams going 300+K miles with very few problems and and Silverados needing 5 engines in 200K. If I had to bet, I would say the N* will go the distance.

·
Banned
2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant
15,987 Posts
As long as you keep up with the oil and the coolant i would go with the N* plus the newer caddy will get you alot more attension with ur classmates than the deville

1 - 4 of 4 Posts