Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 DeVille and 63 DeVille under restoration
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 1993 Seda DeVille with the great 4.9, but recently I have come into obtaining an L37 Northstar with the 300 horse, and was wondering if it was possible to swap it in the DeVille. Anyone know if this has ever been done?

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,997 Posts
You'd have to swap engine, trans, PCM, wiring harness and probably some things I am not even thinking of (if it will fit).

D

·
0 Posts
I doubt you will do it and I dont think you should. Definately not worth the time/effort/money involved. At least in logical thinking terms anyway. A wolf in sheeps clothing?. Maybe when racing another '93 (I'm sure that happens often). Tell me youre putting a LT1/LS1 in an '85 Brougham and it would be all aces, this swap however is not sensible.

·
Registered
93 Sedan Deville 4.9L
1,005 Posts
If i were you I would look for a newer caddy with blown head gaskets, Usually once the HGs go people sell them off very cheap, alot of times with the body in good shape.

Drop it in to a car designed for it and i think youll do better all around. If you dropped it in the 93 your then stuck with a spare 4.9

1 - 6 of 6 Posts