Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if any of you Northstar owners have raced one of the new Tundras with that new iForce 5.7L V8? According to the magazine reviews, they're good for a mid 14 second 1/4 mile....a little bit quicker than an ETC or STS. I drove one a bit on Saturday, and I went WOT from a 45 mph roll and it felt very similar to what a Northstar felt like.

·
Registered
05 Redline CTS-V
8,439 Posts
i'm REALLY not trying to start an argument or anything but why do you guys race things like tundras and sequoias and other large truck like objects? they are not geared or designed for speed, they have power for pulling and making themselves go... the only trucks that are really truly sport trucks are the Lightnings, SRT-10 Rams (BOOOOOO!), Dakota RT 5.9's, and the oldschool typhoon/syclones

personally, and mind you not to start an argument, but its like puching a blind kid in the face and calling yourself a boxer... its just not fair

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, if it's got power, use it.

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Who says you need to have a sports car to drive fast?

·
Registered
2000 Seville STS
985 Posts
Owning a 2000 STS, I haven't had the chance yet. :) I imagine that i'll do much better from a highway roll, where powerband and aerodymanics favor me, than from a dig, where if the Tundra has 4WD (or even 2WD with a limited slip diff) I would be at a disadvantage. Heck, I think I may lose to a Nissan Titan if I don't launch right!

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
New 5.7L iForce isn't a good motor?

·
Registered
1996 DeVille, 1985 Brougham SAGE GREEN!
2,750 Posts
Hey, if it's got power, use it.
I agree. Even if it doesnt have power, use what it has. Stop light drags are fun for any vehicle. We arnt as fortunate to have a true performance vehicle such as a V, so we have to made due with what we have.

Pompous V owners... :tard: :stirpot:

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh wow, I guess all that power has a price. Oh well, it's what a warranty is for! :stirpot:

We arnt as fortunate to have a true performance vehicle such as a V, so we have to made due with what we have.

Pompous V owners... :tard: :stirpot:
LOL! I thought it, he said it.

·
Registered
05 Redline CTS-V
8,439 Posts
has nothing to do with owning a V... i used to race all the time in my VW GTI, just not trucks... lol

I would race things designed for at least a modicum of performance

HEY MOM i beat a YUGO!! doesnt sound nearly as cool as i hung with an S4 through 3 gears then he waxed me...

·
Registered
1996 DeVille, 1985 Brougham SAGE GREEN!
2,750 Posts
Just because two vehicles were never meant to compete in any way doesnt mean you cant have an interesting race. You can have just as much fun racing a truck as a car. A truck is heavier and has more power(usually), a car is lighter and has less power(usually), so it make for an interesting race.

A good race for me would be a late 80's Toyota or Nissan. Except i would be playing the role of the truck there. It would be an interesting race. Slow and pathetic, but still fun, for me at least.

·
Registered
1995 FTS
4,577 Posts
Racing doesn't have to mean that your vehicle has to run 13's all day long. Hell I think it's more fun racing slower vehicles. I loved racing my sisters 2002 Hyundai Sonata to my parents Lincoln Aviator

·
Registered
93 Seville STS
25 Posts
I raced a newer Ford F250 Turbo Diesel in my Seville STS from a 50 roll and beat him, but he hung pretty good considering those trucks are shaped like bricks and weigh well over 2 tons. It was fun:bouncy:

·
Registered
'98 STS (Crimson Pearl)
477 Posts
Don't knock the Toyota V8...my other vehicle is an "02 Sequoia with the "old" 4.7 I have never run the two side by side but I can tell you the truck gets up and hauls! It only has 245hp but has way more speed than the GM counterparts. It's the gearing. TRD and all! I only use it to pull the boat but I know it would give my STS a run for its money. I agree....doesn't matter what it is,,,,as long as it goes FAST!

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My best friend's dad has an 04 or 05 4Runner SR5 with that 4.7 DOHC motor....very quick for what it is too. I think that could keep up with, if not beat, the LT1 Roadmaster I had.

·
Registered
past 88 Deville
316 Posts
Racing doesn't have to mean that your vehicle has to run 13's all day long. Hell I think it's more fun racing slower vehicles. I loved racing my sisters 2002 Hyundai Sonata to my parents Lincoln Aviator
Would love to know the out come of this. Aviator's are pretty fast.

·
Registered
135 Posts
i'm REALLY not trying to start an argument or anything but why do you guys race things like tundras and sequoias and other large truck like objects? they are not geared or designed for speed, they have power for pulling and making themselves go... the only trucks that are really truly sport trucks are the Lightnings, SRT-10 Rams (BOOOOOO!), Dakota RT 5.9's, and the oldschool typhoon/syclones

personally, and mind you not to start an argument, but its like puching a blind kid in the face and calling yourself a boxer... its just not fair

Its always fun to bring things that are not supposed to be fast to the general "rag reader" that has no real experience with cars. You know, the same crowd that thinks a Ferrari is the fastest and best built car ever.... Boy are they in for a shock......

Many thought to be "sports cars" have lost their ego's to this;

If that won't do it, this one probably will;

Now if that won't do it, take your pick.. Even having street cars that go upwards of 130MPH in the 1/4 mile, there is always something faster for sure. The thing is when you have a car that looks like a rocket, people expect it to be that. When they are in their "rocket" against something as above and lose.... That is the true definition of fun. That is the blind kid kicking the boxers tail with one hand.

PS, the new tundra is pretty powerfull, but only at very low speeds like most trucks. The Northstar will take it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts