Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac cts 07
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im going to new jersey for like 2 weeks and my dad was telling me is illegal in jersey to have tints on my front windows......so i was wondering are the cops really bitchy about this or not.....my tints are really not the dark they are 20%.... i really dont want any tickets rite now.

·
Registered
Cadillac 03 Black CTS
72 Posts
it really depends on the town. Just because you have out of state plates, it does not put you above any of our state laws. They can give you a ticket because you are driving the car on NJ roads. Basically, it's the officer's discretion. If your not speeding, you will probably be fine:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2008 CTS AWD FE2 DI 304hp
746 Posts
If I remember correctly a police officer was shot threw a side window that was tinted very heaviliy and that is why the law is what it is in NJ.

I can't blame the police for not wanting similiar scenerios from occuring so they outlawed tinted windows.

I'm not sure which windows can't be tinted etc...but if your only in town a short period of time? Drive with the A/c on and the front windows open..

Might help alleviate the problem a bit.

I do see a lot of cars around with tinted windows so its probably not something to worry about for a relatively short visit.

Welcome to the garden state.

Have fun and don't worry about it.

·
Registered
Cadillac cts 07
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I remember correctly a police officer was shot threw a side window that was tinted very heaviliy and that is why the law is what it is in NJ.

I can't blame the police for not wanting similiar scenerios from occuring so they outlawed tinted windows.

I'm not sure which windows can't be tinted etc...but if your only in town a short period of time? Drive with the A/c on and the front windows open..

Might help alleviate the problem a bit.

I do see a lot of cars around with tinted windows so its probably not something to worry about for a relatively short visit.

Welcome to the garden state.

Have fun and don't worry about it.

thank you JBsZ06 yeah i think dats what im gona do drive with the windows open lol.

here is where i got the info from click the link and pick your state.http://www.tintcenter.com/laws/

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
you'll be fine.

my friends got ny plates but lives here, he doesnt get hassled (out of state plates)

In NJ, u are not allowed to have tint on the front 3 windows (windshield, driver's, front passenger window). The back three are totally okay to tint...

what you can do is open your sunroof & that will let through a lot of sun, (great HOT sunny weather lately) and it will make the tints look lighter.

if you dont do anything to attract attention to yourself, you really wont have anything to worry about.

what color is your car?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts