Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
'04 Raven CTS-V
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Checking interest here. Looking for meeting up around noon on Saturday July 28th or August 18th. Looking at Rudinos or Hooters right off of I-40 next to the RDU airport or somewhere in Greensboro if we have folks coming in from all over (since Greensboro is more central).

So far I have Miller, MWD, NC STS-V, pmsteinm, hurley64, JonCR96Z, WHelena01, and v-sam in the NC area (and a couple more not on this forum).

So to start off, which date works for ya? Then we'll work on location.

T

·
Registered
2009 Cadillac CTS-V
187 Posts
Count me in. I'm only about 20 minutes from Charlotte. Greensboro is what another 2 hours?
July 28th will work for me.

·
Registered
'04 Raven CTS-V
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, it would be a 2 hour drive up 85 for ya. Hell, I can make it from Raleigh to Concord (north Charlotte) in 2 hours flat. So it might take you less.

T

·
Registered
BANK OWNED!! CTSV & EXT
1,689 Posts
Dont forget to invite Dean400hp

·
Registered
'04 Raven CTS-V
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool...added him to my NC area list. Actually, anyone from surrounding area (SC, VA, etc.) are welcome.

Date preference?

T

·
Premium Member
'05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon
6,076 Posts
You could actually tell him afterwards, and he could just drive his car backwards in time, and make the meet.

<paraphrasing> "Zero to Sixty in Zero Seconds. You're there before you left!" :thumbsup:

-Chris

·
Registered
BANK OWNED!! CTSV & EXT
1,689 Posts
You could actually tell him afterwards, and he could just drive his car backwards in time, and make the meet.
thats so true

·
Registered
'04 Raven CTS-V
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

<paraphrasing> "Zero to Sixty in Zero Seconds. You're there before you left!" :thumbsup:

-Chris
:histeric:

·
Registered
2006 3.6L Y43 Hotchkis Stage-1TVS-totaled, 13 Subaru WRX
3,518 Posts
We should put together a meet for the South. Accessable to Georgians, NC, SC, Tenn, AL. Meet somewhere in the mountains drive the twisties, BBQ, the whole deal. Just my $.02

·
Registered
Nada
2,053 Posts
Hey guys,

I was going to mention that if y'all ever wanted to meet up and run the "Tail of the Dragon", I know some GA and AL guys that would certainly be up for that. Probably have to plan it a month or two out though.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
2,018 Posts
I'd love to drive the Tail providing I'm not out of town for work. I met up with a guy the has an RS4 that raved about it. Dude told me he wished I had an Audi so that he could start a club. Told him to get a V.

·
Registered
BANK OWNED!! CTSV & EXT
1,689 Posts
We gonna do the original meet? Either date works for me and location doesn't matter either. I would prefer Greensboro, since its only 20 minutes from me, but whatever is better for everyone else.

Jon

·
Registered
Silver CTS V, Custom CAM, B&B Headers & pipes, K&N cai
242 Posts
V MEET?? ya man! I was planning to solve world peace that day, but if the V signal shines in the sky everything comes to a hault !!

I'll be there before you guys even leave...hehe

·
Registered
'04 Raven CTS-V
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey guys,

I was going to mention that if y'all ever wanted to meet up and run the "Tail of the Dragon", I know some GA and AL guys that would certainly be up for that. Probably have to plan it a month or two out though.
Know what...that might be a little more successful. Thinking thats a better motivation. FYI...my parents just cruised through the Tail a couple times in their vette and couldn't stop raving about it. Tons of motorcycles and sports cars. Good stories of an impreza a ditch, and an Evo pulled over on the side of the road to let his girl yaaak :thepan: The bad stories include a 5 mile line of fire breathing engines behind an SUV pulling a boat, doing 20 mph!!!!! "Ya gotta be kidding me"

T

·
Registered
'04 Raven CTS-V
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm still game for a quick meet up, but it looks like we only have less than a handful. Plus, plans for my buddy's bachelor party just got changed to August 18th (and to Myrtle Beach). So I'm a no go for Aug 18th, can only make the July 28th. This means we might have only 2 or 3 show....hmm. Might just have to do the Tail of the Dragon thing or wait till after summer to meet up (read: till people's vacation plans calm down). Here is what we have so far...

heavypedal - Raleigh, NC - July 28th
rekctsv - SC near Charlotte - July 28th
Lanman - Greenville, SC - Aug 18th
MWD - Apex, NC - July 28th
JonCR96Z - Asheboro, NC - either
Dean400hp - Charlotte, NC - either?

Looks like July 28th is the best. Sorry Lanman...how far is the Tail of the Dragon away from Greenville, SC?
2 from raleigh, 2 from charlotte area, and 1 next to Greensboro. I say if we do this thing, its fair we meet in Greensboro (somewhere right off of i-40/i-85) on July 28th at 11:30am for some lunch. Whatdya guys think? And where could we meet if we do?

T

·
Registered
BANK OWNED!! CTSV & EXT
1,689 Posts
Pretty much everything in Greensboro is right off of 40/85. And they have everything any other city has. So its more of a preference thing than a location thing, if we do it in greensboro.

Jon

1 - 20 of 55 Posts