Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V Coupe (Catti-V)
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that are able to monitor, what do you see for normal IAT's?

I monitor mine using my OBDLink LX and the OBDLink app. When I selected the first IAT PID it only would show about 10 degrees over ambient but then I selected the IAT PID from bank 2 and it was about 30-40 degrees higher. Most likely the first is a measurement of the intake temp pre turbo.

With an ambient temp of 51 degrees I was seeing low 90's for IAT while driving on highway.

What do you guys see for average and max numbers? At what point should I be concerned that there's an air pocket in one of my IC's. (My drivers side IC was replaced a ew months ago.

·
Registered
311 Posts
With these cars theres actually 3 numbers to watch

IAT1
IAT2
Manifold Air

basically manifold air is the important one

Looking at a log after a bunch of driving and cruising down the road my numbers look like this.

ambient 34
iat1 41
iat2 55
manifold air temps 125

Your IAt2 should not bee 90 degrees, however your manifold temps could certainly be 90s

·
Registered
166 Posts
Is there a way to monitor real time with hptuners WITHOUT logging?

Just don’t have the memory or ram on my tablet.

I guess the simple solution would be to get an aeroforce gauge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
70,672 Posts
Look into a ScanGauge-II or an UlltraGauge. They plug into the OBD port and allow you to create pages of gauges (supported by what's on your car's data bus) for viewing in real time. You can monitor 4 gauges at a time. They are also trouble code scanners.

https://www.scangauge.com/

In the STS I watch IGN (timing), ECT (coolant temp), IAT (intake air temp), and MAP (manifold absolute pressure = vacuum inverse).

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Look into a ScanGauge-II or an UlltraGauge. They plug into the OBD port and allow you to create pages of gauges (supported by what's on your car's data bus) for viewing in real time. You can monitor 4 gauges at a time. They are also trouble code scanners.

https://www.scangauge.com/

In the STS I watch IGN (timing), ECT (coolant temp), IAT (intake air temp), and MAP (manifold absolute pressure = vacuum inverse).
I do that with OBDLink.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
With these cars theres actually 3 numbers to watch

IAT1
IAT2
Manifold Air

basically manifold air is the important one

Looking at a log after a bunch of driving and cruising down the road my numbers look like this.

ambient 34
iat1 41
iat2 55
manifold air temps 125

Your IAt2 should not bee 90 degrees, however your manifold temps could certainly be 90s
So I can see the 3 temps now. My first one is usually about 10 over ambient, 2nd is about 10 higher than first, and then my 3rd sits around 145-150 on a 63 degree day.

·
Registered
'16 ATS-V MT6 Sedan, Alfas: '67 Duetto, '84 GTV6 3.5L 24v/Vette C5 project
548 Posts
So I can see the 3 temps now. My first one is usually about 10 over ambient, 2nd is about 10 higher than first, and then my 3rd sits around 145-150 on a 63 degree day.
IAT3... that's your manifold temp... the one to watch (most affected by your intercooler bricks/intercooler system).

·
Registered
311 Posts

145-150 steadily cruising down the highway? Seems on the high side to me if you are cruising, but can easily get that high if idling still for a few minutes

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

145-150 steadily cruising down the highway? Seems on the high side to me if you are cruising, but can easily get that high if idling still for a few minutes
I might have the dealership check it because I did have one of my intercoolers replaced not too long ago after opossum took out the driver's side of my front bumper.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I might have the dealership check it because I did have one of my intercoolers replaced not too long ago after opossum took out the driver's side of my front bumper.

Probably wasnt bleed properly after, seems to be common for them not to do it properly as it requires some specialty tool I believe

·
Registered
2017 ATS-V 6MT CWT Sedan, Tuned 2016 Explorer TT
652 Posts
Leesrt, where did you find the intake plenum IAT3 PID? It doesn't show up on my Torque Pro. Actually, none of the PIDs that show up are called IAT1, 2 or 3.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Leesrt, where did you find the intake plenum IAT3 PID? It doesn't show up on my Torque Pro. Actually, none of the PIDs that show up are called IAT1, 2 or 3.
I have a OBDLink LX bluetooth reader that comes with its own app. It loads the pids for GM. Inside the app under SAE pids I have multiple IAT readings but the primary 3 are Intake Air Temp bank 1 sensor 1, 2, and 3. Sensor 1 is most likely the reading from the intake filter assembly, the second is probably pre-turbo, and the 3rd is intake manifold.

·
Registered
2017 ATS-V 6MT CWT Sedan, Tuned 2016 Explorer TT
652 Posts
Got it. Thanks. I'll try to find the right equation online and add it to Torque as a custom PID or download the ODB link app to check my manifold temps.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got it. Thanks. I'll try to find the right equation online and add it to Torque as a custom PID or download the ODB link app to check my manifold temps.
I think the app allows you to purchase additional pids for GM. I'm not 100% on that but you can look it up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts