Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Coupe, Black Diamond, Blk/Saffron Recaro's
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, just finished mounting a Norcal I got from a friend after he crunched his V. What I am not getting is that the mounting position seems to put the top of the tank below the high point of the IC brick in the lid? Am I missing something here? It would seem to me that the brick becomes the high point in the system. How then are you able to open the tank when the system is filled? would that not require that there be a fairly large air pocket above the tank level?
I know I'm a bit slow at times but I just don't see a way to mitigate the issue. I have the newer style lid that screws on with the o-ring, don't plan on icing the tank, and have the original fill point in the system between the lid and tank so it likely won't be an issue for me, I should be able to fully fill and purge the system. I am just trying to clarify an issue I think I see.
Thanks in advance. Fire away

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V A6 Sedan Modded :)
710 Posts
Re: Norcal quuestion

I run mine completely full for road racing days. I can still remove the lid when COLD without losing fluid. I believe the fluid expands when hot just like radiator coolant. If I open when hot I do get some coolant loss but not much. I kept the 5psi oem T as a pressure relief as I popped the top of my norcal when I boiled the HX loop.

Also mine is plumbed tank to pump to HX to supercharger so the brick is always getting fresh cooled fluid.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts