Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Acting New Orleans Police Superintendent Warren Riley said Thursday that as many as 40 officers from the department's 3rd District, including the commanding captain, are "under scrutiny" for possibly bolting the city in the clutch and heading to Baton Rouge in Cadillacs from a New Orleans dealership.

Last week, after reports surfaced that the Louisiana attorney general's office was investigating the alleged theft of about 200 cars from Sewell Cadillac Chevrolet, possibly by NOPD officers, Riley revealed his own internal investigations. All told, Riley said 12 officers were under investigation for looting or failing to combat looting in their presence, four officers had been suspended and one had been reassigned.

He acknowledged then that an unspecified number of officers were being looked at for their alleged involvement in the Sewell incident, which took place in the first four days after Katrina ripped through town.

My daddy always said, if you are going to steal a car, steal an expensive one because the punishment is the same for a Chevy or a Cadillac.

·
Banned
1,631 Posts
I remember hearing about people watching from the superdome as every single Cadillac was stolen off the lot of that dealership, but police stealing them?! Figures...

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Hey Atleast They're Not Stealing Kia's

·
Registered
11,694 Posts
Ok I can understand stealing something easy like a few Rolexes, Plasmas whatever... Surveillance cameras are probably dead, video is waterlogged if there was any and in the end probably nothing will happen and damn after going through what they did, fine, Im not going to pick nits with any of those people. Even if it was for the pure adrenaline rush of taking the shit, it pales in comparison to what theyre going to be facing trying to rebuild and dealing with the sharks that are insurance companies.

But come on, stealing a CAR? Stealing a car out of a flood is no different than stealing a car parked right on the street anywhere! Ive been looking into taking advantage of some of the nice flood cars as a rebuild, but stealing them is idiotic. Just because there might not be security around does not mitigate the fact that vehicles are EASY TO TRACK regardless of where they end up or who took them. It will be FAR too easy for those vehicles to be tracked down and some eyewitness trails to eventually connect the perpetrator, or worse, an innocent cop who just happened to be there to the vehicle.

They better hope they are stripping those things down to the bare metal because otherwise those idiot cops are in for the surprise of their lives.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
Playdrv4me