Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well the site does say the deville will have cooled front seats, so i guess i can add the DTS to my short list

·
Registered
53 Eldo, 54 CDV, 74 FWB 96 FWB (sold),1998 STS(sold), 03 ESV
755 Posts
Another Future Models....

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not sure why cadillac stopping production of the STS which is a current model belongs in the "future model" section, but hey what do i know

·
Registered
755 Posts
2004 = The Future

They are not saying they are stopping STS production. They are saying there will not be an all new STS in 04. An all new STS will not be out until at least 2005.

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
actually the site says that the sts model will be deleted for 2004 and there will only be an sls. meaning if you want a current sts you have something like 6-9 months to get it. whereas, it seems you will be able to get an sls for somewhere around another 18 months. either way i disagree that this belongs in future models since the thread is about the discontinuation of a current model, but hey ill live.

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh well, the thread being in this forum means nobody will know there will not be a ANY sts next year, but hey when someone brings this up a few months from now you can back me up that, you heard it here first :)

·
Registered
755 Posts
Done.

·
Premium Member
9,575 Posts
Yeah, this is okay for the STS section. I should have made myself more clear when I set up the sections. Even the 2009 Seville can go into the Seville section. Future vehicles is really intended for new models - like the XLR was...

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
It's cool Sal, We handled it!

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i guess it would be to make way for the new sts coming at the end of next year. but it does seem strange, if they wanted to consolidate their model lineup why not the SLS

·
Registered
2016 XTS FWD Platinum
1,115 Posts
They are just getting ready for the all new 2005. It sounds like a marketing gimmick to me. That way when the all new 2005 is introduced midway in 2004, there will be that much more demand for it. The 2004 SLS will only be available for a short time.

Max

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i was thinking maybe they would keep the SLS on for awhile. Perhaps when the new STS comes out end of next year it will only be available with higher end drivetrain. Cadillac maybe wants to keep a car in the 45k pricepoint until the new sts v-6 is ready.

·
Registered
2013 CTS-V estate
1,240 Posts
I would hope they'd let the SLS die before STS shows up. They still have a car in the $45,000 range -- DeVille. Isn't an SRX also in that range?

Are they really building a V6 STS? In that case it's a Seville Too Slow. I know it'll sell, but man, that's embarassing.

.Jinx

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
STS with a V-6? I wouldn't even consider it! Looks like DTS time for me!

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The rumors i've heard have the base STS with a 275 hp v-6. This will bring the STS more in line with the 5-series, which is its intended competition

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
275 hp V-6? 5 series? If the STS does not have a V-8....It's not worth having. Cadillacs recent obsession with putting out these cars with cheesey V-6's stinks as bad as the 4.1! I will Never buy a Cadillac with a V-6! If it's all they offer.....I'll buy something else. I don't care what the intended competition is....The CTS is an underpowered car with a V-6 no matter what the advertising tries to make you think! If I want an underpowered P.O.S. I'll buy a Cheap Chevy!!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts