Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
All Sold now driving 2018 CTS Cadillac 09 CTS and 97 Seveille STS recently sold a XLR
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been curious as to the best way to handle the new Michelin non run flats on my 04 xlr I just got. I found that TIRE RACK sells a kit for around $70 that has 2 items in it. #1 a spray canister to fill the tire with a new chemical mixture that will not gum up the air pressure sensor #2 a mini compressor to pump up the tire using the lighter outlet. Im ordering one today! Jim F

·
Registered
All Sold now driving 2018 CTS Cadillac 09 CTS and 97 Seveille STS recently sold a XLR
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got the kit today from Tire rack came to over 80 bucks with shipping. THe entire box fits perfectly into the hidden trunk storage unit. The kit can be used once and then you buy another refil for your mini air compressor. Cool unit and good for up to 100mi at 55 mi an hr. Same as run flats for alot less money! Jim

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,974 Posts
Got the kit today from Tire rack came to over 80 bucks with shipping. THe entire box fits perfectly into the hidden trunk storage unit. The kit can be used once and then you buy another refil for your mini air compressor. Cool unit and good for up to 100mi at 55 mi an hr. Same as run flats for alot less money! Jim
It's not going to be that cheap if it gums up tire pressure sensors.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tire Rack tells me this set up is not suppose to gum up the tire pres. sensors! Thats probably why they get a trailer load in and there all gone in a few days. But only reality will tell me 100% for sure. Thanks Jim

·
Premium Member
28,974 Posts
FWIW, the owners manual on page 5-68 specifically warns against using tire sealants if you have the tire pressure monitor system because it will gum up the sensors. The reason Tirerack sells out the product is that nobody ever went broke underestimating the stupidity of the public.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DK, My wifes maiden name is Rozaieski! So I wont say anything more! LOL Thanks for your input and yes I did know that but, I and most of my friends hate the runflat handling. So I guess I'll need to deal with the monitors when not if it happens! Jim F

·
Premium Member
28,974 Posts
DK, My wifes maiden name is Rozaieski! So I wont say anything more! LOL Thanks for your input and yes I did know that but, I and most of my friends hate the runflat handling. So I guess I'll need to deal with the monitors when not if it happens! Jim F
A viable alternative might be Cadillac Roadside Assistance.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
True enough but my full factory waranty is good till 4/06 them my Gmpp clicks in and thats not covered! But i do know the ck book trumps most deals. Jim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts