Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, a little brown-nosing. I stumbled onto this site while car shopping and found it to be a great resource. If not for you, I might have settled on something (gasp) ford.
I recently purchased a '92 Eldorado. I love it, but for one issue I'm having with the stereo. I'm not a complete n00b on car stereo, but without having access to some sort of manual for the car (Chilton’s or otherwise), I just presumed the a DIN stereo wouldn't be too hard to wire in.
Stupid, stupid me.
So I purchased a Sony universal changer for my car. I started looking for some power sources, but I kept getting a message on my dash about the starter being disabled due to my attempt at stealing my own car. I promptly gave up when I realized my only other ride to work is my 8mpg averaging pick-up.
FOCUS
Before I screw anything serious up, does anyone have any advice as to where to draw power. I would prefer to keep the changer in the cabin as opposed to the trunk, but I'll do whatever I need to do to end this discman-to-cassete-deck monstrosity I have going on now.

·
Banned
2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant
15,987 Posts
its fm modulated im assuming??? well what i did is pretty simple i didnt wanna cut my stock harness and runnin the wires to the battery seemed stupid. since i dont smoke i used a plug that came with neon lights found the pos and neg wire off of the plug, connected the yellow and red pos to the cig lighter adapter same with the black ground. and there you have it power to the disc changer.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My issue is finding a safe spot for the ignition power. I plan on running the memory power off of the cigarette lighter. Every time I even look at an ignition powered wire, the dash spews something about me trying to steal my own car.

Other thing, I cannot find the usual antenna wire anywhere in the trunk. Mind you, a guy at 6'3" and pudgy isn't fitting into the trunk of a caddy lengthwise (which is a MAJOR disapointment). When I bought the changer, circuit sold me a pair of adapters for GM antenna wires. I'm not opposed to thinking that circuit sold me the wrong part, since it's not like it hasen't happened in the past. The tuner box is mounted on the back seat, as shown to me by someone at a caddy dealer.

·
Registered
1989 Sedan DeVille is now just a fond memory ....
10,429 Posts
I'm moving this to the Audio section, you should get better help there. :)

·
Banned
2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant
15,987 Posts
it plugs into the back of your radio where the antenna plugs into the radio you plug the cd changer into the radio then the antenna into the adapter

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is no antenna plug on the back of the radio, however I did find it. The guy I spoke to pointed to the wrong box in the trunk. Now the security system is going haywire. I have to attempt to start the thing 2-3 times before it goes, every time it tells me the starter is disabled and give me the 3 minute wait. I love the General, but it's being tried mighty thin on this one.

As for Kev, hopefully the move does help. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts