Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
CTS-V
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided to go with the F1's from Tirerack. I'm working on a project in Chicago so Tirerack in South Bend, IN was on my way home to Flint (sorta). I stopped in and had 4 of them on the car within an hour for $705 and some coin. They are 255 45's. I was running Falken Azenis RT-615's in a 255 40 before putting these on.

It has been raining on and off pretty much since I had them put on so I can't really comment on dry traction yet but I did drive through some pretty heavy rains that I know would have hydroplaned the F1 EMT's that come on the car from the factory and I didn't have any problems. I'm still being cautious when wet since these have a reputation for not being great in the rain.

One thing I noticed tonight was that they have tagged the front fender on both sides. Looks like under hard turn I hit a bump and they rubbed the inside top of the fender and bent the metal down a little. I had the front lowered quite a bit with the GC kit but hadn't had any rubbing with the Falken's. Looks like going from a 255 40 to a 255 45 gave it just enough height to make contact.

I've now raised the GC's all the way up (the top edge of the gold colored adjustable collar is flush with the top edge of the red threaded sleeve.) I didn't have a chance to take it out to get the FG2's settled back to height but I'll report back after I do.

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
It has been raining on and off pretty much since I had them put on so I can't really comment on dry traction yet but I did drive through some pretty heavy rains that I know would have hydroplaned the F1 EMT's that come on the car from the factory and I didn't have any problems. I'm still being cautious when wet since these have a reputation for not being great in the rain.
Do the non run flats sport a different tread pattern than the EMTs ?

·
Registered
CTS-V
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They look pretty much the same to me but it's been over 2 years since I had the EMT's on my car so I'm not positive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts