Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
05 Redline CTS
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys i wanna know how would our car look at stock ride height with a pair of 19's or even. post some pics :)

·
Registered
05 Redline CTS
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i def dont wann drop my car, i had my gtp drop and my brother has his tranz am slammed, it looks good, but is to mucha pain in the ass with North jerz/nyc roads. thats why i wann keep stock ride height, i had 18's on my gtp and my cts has 17's so its hard to justify spending 1200 just to get 18's i want 19's bling bling, wht kind of tire would i have to use to keep almost the same ratio as stock

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
It depends on how wide you want to go. There are several tire size calculators on-line. I've got my own in Excel. You want to keep the diameter between 25.8" (same size as stock), or 26.7 (same diameter as the V).

For 8" wide 19" rims, this would be either 245/35R19's for stock CTS diameter, or 245/40R19's which matches the CTS-V diameter. The bigger size will give you a slightly larger sidewall and a better ride, as well as fill the wheelwell, just enough.

Your speedometer will read about 3% slower than before, but my experience (MBai2 reported the same results) in comparing it to the GPS reported car speed is that the bigger tire actually brings the speedo back to what it should read (i.e., the speedo matches the GPS with the bigger size tires)

·
Registered
05 Redline CTS
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For 8" wide 19" rims, this would be either 245/35R19's for stock CTS diameter, or 245/40R19's which matches the CTS-V diameter. The bigger size will give you a slightly larger sidewall and a better ride, as well as fill the wheelwell, just enough.
good info id probly go with the 245/40R19's bigger sidewall the better

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac CTS, 2008 Cadillac CTS
733 Posts
joeyblaze said:
i want 19's bling bling
Honestly, if you want bling bling, go with 20's. Especially if you plan on leaving the stock height. You will find that a nice set of 20's will run you less money than the same wheel in a 19. Manufactures are more likely to produce 20's and that keeps the price down. Finding a nice set of tires for 19's is also more difficult and expensive. I'm not saying you can't find them, but for the better quality wheels and tires, they are more expensive due to the fact they don't produce as many in that size. Most of the 19's on the market are produced with the BMW 3 series in mind. Good luck on your search.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts