Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a very noisy blower motor in my 2001 Deville. I could describe the noise as a very deep pitched hum that varies with the fan speed setting (The noise gets louder and deeper as I turn the fan speed up). The fan still operates 100% of the time and will blow at full force. Any clues as what this could be?

How tough of a job is it to replace the blower motor in the 2001 Deville? I have a Haynes manual right now that doesnt detail the process very well. I'll probabally be upgrading to a factory service manual soon.

·
Registered
Cadillac
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Me = 1 Cadillac Blower Motor = 0

After 3 hours of swearing and smashing my thumb, I managed to fix the noisy blower motor issue.

Turns out that a mouse somehow got into the damn thing and decided to build a nest in the inlet of the fan motor. The nest was caught in the inlet, and the pieces of the mouse were scattered around the blower motor. Not a pleasnt task to clean it out to say the least.

I will say that the Haynes manual for that car is garbage. I broke down and paid $134 for the Helm manual The process listed to remove the motor was incorrect, as were the number of screws specfied that had to be removed. (6 screws in all, not 4). It was a real pain to carefully shimmy the motor in and out of its housing, around the floor pan, and getting the back three bolts back in were a pain.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,990 Posts
That is what I was going to suggest, till I saw your second post. "I hate them mieces to pieces".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts