Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2018 xt5
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Turning the steering wheel sharply at very low speed or at a standstill, I hear a strange noise....like pulling Velcro apart. Searching this forum for steering noises reveals people having struts replaced in 2010 models. I would have thought that would have been fixed in newer vehicles.

I also read about steering columns. Any other suggestions? Our dealer is 40 minutes away so I end up making 2 trips....one for diagnosis and one for repair.

Ours is a AWD 2013 with around 27,000 miles.

·
Registered
2018 xt5
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Strange.... the noise is totally gone today. Yesterday the temp went below freezing and today it is much warmer. I will keep an eye on it and the temps.

12,778 Posts
Good morning Tup,

Glad to hear that the noise was gone yesterday. I understand how something like this might be aggravating, and I would be happy to look into this from me end should the noise return. Feel free to PM me with your VIN, mileage, dealership name, and personal contact information if the noise comes back, or if you would like this documented for future reference.

Enjoy your day,

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
2013 SRX FWD Performance - Xenon Blue / Shale-Brownstone
296 Posts
Turning the wheel at a standstill will cause the front tires to scrub the pavement. Not healthy on anything in the steering.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts