Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 CTS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 03 CTS that it seems I have rearend making a humming noise while on gas is there anything i can do stop this noise,Im going on vacation and was wondering if I can do aanything to stop this,its not a bearing noise,sounds like gears

·
Registered
2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"
6,414 Posts
read this thread
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...7/169416-weird-creaking-noise-suspension.html

if that isnt similiar to your problems, do a search on here about rear differential. the way you can check your rear diff. is to turn the wheel all the way to the right and put it in reverse and if you hear a pretty bad noise, then it is bad. do the same thing with the wheel all the way to the left and you will hear the same noise.

·
Registered
04' CTS 3.6L
163 Posts
My car has done this same thing since I bought it. I was at the dealership a couple weeks ago getting it serviced and they told me it was normal. The humming is very annoying, if the dealership thinks it is normal sounding what can we do to dull the noise or fix the problem?

·
Registered
CTS 03
1,765 Posts
This is common on the CTS at around 40-45 mph. It seems worse when the car is hot. mine has been doing it for a few years, I got used to it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts