Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2008 SRX Sport Pkg
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever I cross bumps and the rear of the vehicle comes back down, I hear bonking sounds. It sounds like they come from either the spare, the jack compartment lid or body panels or rear seat or something like that. It does not sound like a suspension clank and I do not have 3rd row. Has anyone else experienced this? It is difficult to track down, since I can only produce it while driving. Any insights would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2008 SRX V-6 AWD
141 Posts
have someone drive the car while you lay back there and maybe you can get a better idea of where it is coming from.

·
Registered
2008 SRX Sport Pkg
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay I have located the source of one sound (annoying clicking) and it is the rear gate lifter arm (not the gas struts). There is some play in the arm and attached mechanism that can cause clicking sounds with the smallest bumps. Does anyone have any ideas on how to quiet this?

·
Registered
05 srx awd v6 (gone), '07 GXP, 2010 li'l red wagon 3.6
3,177 Posts
Today must be noise day. Are there bushings at either end of the lift mechanism that are broken or missing? As to the front end noise the only thing I can think of is a loose caliper bracket.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts