Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a buzz or vibration noise coming from the headliner in an area that looks like a microphone or speaker. It comes and goes, but very annoying! does anyone know how to fix this?

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
It is an in-car temperature sensor, called an "aspirator".
Just get it replaced.
The fan is going bad inside of it.

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,745 Posts
Ok then, where is the microphone for the onstar telephone? I thought what was decsribed above was that ( it looks like a round microphone the size of a quarter in the headliner just above driver's seat)! Thanks EWILL.

·
Registered
2003 Escalade EXT
106 Posts
The mic is next to the overhead lighting console. It's a black rectangular tube looking thing.

I have the same buzz from the same spot on an '03. I had heard about there being a fan, but wasn't sure.

Mine only acts up when it's cold outside.

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,745 Posts
The mic is next to the overhead lighting console. It's a black rectangular tube looking thing.
Great, I have been talking into the aspirater for two weeks ....

S

·
0 Posts
Great, I have been talking into the aspirater for two weeks ....
So have I, been talking to that disc for the past couple of years. No wonder my Onstar phone doesn't understand me! :bouncy:

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
Yes it will be warranty.

Everyone thinks that thing is a microphone, it kind of makes me laugh but whatever.

The microphone is sometimes on the side of the overhead console, sometimes it is built into the bottom of the rear view mirror.
If your mirror has a small square thing sticking down with lines accross it, that is the microphone.
The console ones are as described above, just on the left side of the overhead console near the visor.
Don't talk into the microphone, it is made to work with your head pointed straight at the windshield. You can confuse the VR functions if you talk right into it. Sometimes we tell customers to talk away from it and it seems to work better for them.

·
Registered
2010 Cadillac Escalade Hybrid Platinum
100 Posts
Mine has also been making noise Intermittently since I've owned my lade, if I hear it I flick it with my finger and it shuts up for a while.
Does anyone know how much this little part costs if you wanted to replace it yourself?

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
If I remember I can check, bump this during the day tomorrow and I'll see if I can find out.

·
Registered
Cadillac
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the help guys. Was starting to think I was goin crazy! I'll swing by the dealer when I get a moment.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts