Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
04 Cadillac CTS-V...1996 Camaro SS w/500hp
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, this morning I get in the car and put my iPod in the craddle and go to change it to XM and I now go right from FM to AM and no XM on the presets? I check the box up front and everything looks OK.

Has anyone had this problem before? I will tear into the package tray and check things there but nothing has changed at all? :banghead:

·
Registered
CTS-V
342 Posts
Pull the negative battery terminal for a few seconds and try again. The Neo has an attitude sometimes, honestly. I have had this problem numerous times, and pulling the negaive battery terminal is the only thing I have found that fixes the problem, but only temporarily.

·
Registered
2004 Cts-v
129 Posts
I'm having the same problem as well with the USA spec adapter. Going to pull the cable tonight, but wary, b/c Im not sure if I will lose my user preferences, like seat setting, etc?!

·
Registered
CTS-V
342 Posts
I'm having the same problem as well with the USA spec adapter. Going to pull the cable tonight, but wary, b/c Im not sure if I will lose my user preferences, like seat setting, etc?!
You will lose your seat settings, clock, etc. Its a pain in the a$$. But its the only way I have found to make the XM channels come back on. Once you reset it, just long press seat # 1 until you hear the beep. Then its reset.:)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
turn the car off wait 5 minutes and try again....should fix your problem.
Yeah, that didn't work for me...XM popped back on for 2 sec and then went right back out again.

Pull the negative battery terminal for a few seconds and try again. The Neo has an attitude sometimes, honestly. I have had this problem numerous times, and pulling the negaive battery terminal is the only thing I have found that fixes the problem, but only temporarily.
Wow that sucks...i have it installed on the car for 1-1.5years and never had this problem before...hopefully it doesn't start a trend.

·
Registered
2004 Cts-v
129 Posts
Bummer, it took me way too long to figure out my seating postion in this car!!!

Same for me, XM came back on for a few seconds once, then gone for good again?! Supposedly theres a defective XM unit on some of our cars, that could be the culprit, but hopefully the battery reset will work!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bummer, it took me way too long to figure out my seating postion in this car!!!

Same for me, XM came back on for a few seconds once, then gone for good again?! Supposedly theres a defective XM unit on some of our cars, that could be the culprit, but hopefully the battery reset will work!
well, I pulled the main cable apart under my seat and left the car off until lunch time and them when I got back in everything was fine. The cable didn't feel loose but it working again without unhooking the neg battery so who knows?

·
Registered
2004 Cts-v
129 Posts
well, I pulled the main cable apart under my seat and left the car off until lunch time and them when I got back in everything was fine. The cable didn't feel loose but it working again without unhooking the neg battery so who knows?
Hmm...so you just unplugged the cable from the XM unit to the NEO unit, and it fixed it? Interesting. I will try the same tonight.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hmm...so you just unplugged the cable from the XM unit to the NEO unit, and it fixed it? Interesting. I will try the same tonight.
Well, its the main cable running from the package tray up to the front unit. I have a extentsion cable that runs the NEO box up under the drivers seat. I unplugged that main splice and it reset it somehow. I trying unplugging everything on the NEO box and that didn't work.

·
Registered
2004 Cts-v
129 Posts
I unplugged the smaller blue wire running to the USA Spec unit, and sure enough ,I heard a small click from the rear deck, then bam...XM stations show up again, and unit works normally!

I sure am glad I didn't install the USA Spec unit under the rear deck!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I unplugged the smaller blue wire running to the USA Spec unit, and sure enough ,I heard a small click from the rear deck, then bam...XM stations show up again, and unit works normally!

I sure am glad I didn't install the USA Spec unit under the rear deck!
Glad you figured it out without tearing apart the rear deck. Sounds like the units need to be reset everyonce in a while. Hopefully it doesn't happen all the time as some people have stated.

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V
4 Posts
I sometimes have the same problem with the XM and my car is completely stock. I'll crank it and there is no XM to be seen cycling through the bands. I can turn the car off for a few minutes, then start it back up, and the XM returns. Is this a common problem?

·
Registered
2004 Cts-v
129 Posts
I sometimes have the same problem with the XM and my car is completely stock. I'll crank it and there is no XM to be seen cycling through the bands. I can turn the car off for a few minutes, then start it back up, and the XM returns. Is this a common problem?
It sounds like it happens to some people. It's like the cars data bus is out of bandwidth and Im assuming thats what causes the issue. I know you cant program the car with a diablosport while the the USA Spec unit is attached...it times out. :banghead:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts