Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
The only time I ever dealt with an engine that wouldn't pump coolant, was an Olds engine with a stamped sheet-metal water pump impeller.

The impeller had rusted so badly that it separated from the pump shaft. Water pump shaft turned, impeller didn't. Therefore, no coolant flow.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The only time I ever dealt with an engine that wouldn't pump coolant, was an Olds engine with a stamped sheet-metal water pump impeller.

The impeller had rusted so badly that it separated from the pump shaft. Water pump shaft turned, impeller didn't. Therefore, no coolant flow.
It helps to read the entire post. 3 different new water pumps,2 different manufactures.I have been doing this fo 60 years and never seen anything like this.Can't afford a $2000 rebuild and been looking for running used for 2 months

·
Registered
13 Posts
I did read the entire post. I'm aware that you've dicked with the water pump. I'm telling you that the only time I ever had that problem...it was the water pump.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I did read the entire post. I'm aware that you've dicked with the water pump. I'm telling you that the only time I ever had that problem...it was the water pump.
Sorry,it's that i've told this story for 3 months and most just want to quote a Chilton manual to me. I am 73 and will try anything to keep from swapping out motors. Thanks for trying

21 - 24 of 24 Posts