Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2006 XJ, 2000 Eldorado ESC--total loss :(
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a warning to others who buy parts online, Delco will not honor any warranty on parts sold online (except those through RockAuto).

I bought 2 new Delco 515-12 rear shocks in September when my old ones started leaking air. These shocks normally have a lifetime warranty. Now, 5 months later, I've got a very slight air leak in one of the shocks (sitting over a few days the rear end will droop a bit... sometimes at long lights I'll hear the compressor run for a few seconds), and was just told there's no warranty at all. Amazon.com does not warranty anything, told me to call Delco. Delco just told me they don't warranty any online purchases :mad2:

Going to do a leakdown test and, maybe with some luck the leak will be in the compressor (I know, I'm hoping for a compressor leak :cookoo: ). Already replaced all orings in the connectors.

·
Registered
not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350
7,705 Posts
if delco authorizies a company to sell there item unless they wright on packaging or somewhere on the bill that the manufacturer does not warranty this item then by law they cant do that

just what i would do is right a letter to the AG attorny general don't send it right away but send a copy to delco so they can see what you are going to send
then give them time to respond but let them be ware you are serious and even if it doesnt get anywhere you still wills end it also send it to the BBB it wont cost you anyting other than your time
how ever it will possibly cost delco a few customers or atleast it will cost them a little more time
but let them know you have all the time in the world but be real about it

·
Registered
7,705 Posts
i never buy from ammazon so not sure how it works but isnt amazon jsut a website where they find the products for you from other compansy and then you buy from them ?
or am i wrong in this

in any matter
if you purchased it from a company and they did not tell you there was no warranty and perhaps even lead you to think they did have a warranty then they would have to be responsible for it id think

so if they only cover parts from RockAuto then does that mean they wont warranty parts from GMpartsDirect or GMpartgiant.com or any other places that you could buy these online i know there are not many but there are a few retialers that have these other then gm dealers

·
Registered
2006 XJ, 2000 Eldorado ESC--total loss :(
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i never buy from ammazon so not sure how it works but isnt amazon jsut a website where they find the products for you from other compansy and then you buy from them ?
or am i wrong in this

in any matter
if you purchased it from a company and they did not tell you there was no warranty and perhaps even lead you to think they did have a warranty then they would have to be responsible for it id think
Some things from Amazon are from individual sellers, but most are directly from Amazon. The same as if you went to any online store. These shocks were bought from "Amazon.com" not "Bob's Discount Auto Parts" and nowhere on the page does it say there is no warranty expressed or implied.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000C9RYE4

They only mention returns, which of course have to be done in 30 days. But this isn't a return because I bought the wrong thing--the part I bought failed after 3 months. I'm definitely not buying anything from Amazon again, unless (maybe) it's a book or dvd.

·
Registered
'14 ATS Premium with 3 pedals | Past: '13 ATS Performance & '99 Seville STS
5,847 Posts
^
Well, the good news is your car has passive struts and they are relatively cheap! If your eldo was an ETC, you would spend (trash!) 700$ for each strut!

However still I don't understand why AC Delco doesn't honor the warranty.... Amazon should resolve this issue!

·
Registered
7,705 Posts
Some things from Amazon are from individual sellers, but most are directly from Amazon. The same as if you went to any online store. These shocks were bought from "Amazon.com" not "Bob's Discount Auto Parts" and nowhere on the page does it say there is no warranty expressed or implied.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000C9RYE4

They only mention returns, which of course have to be done in 30 days. But this isn't a return because I bought the wrong thing--the part I bought failed after 3 months. I'm definitely not buying anything from Amazon again, unless (maybe) it's a book or dvd.
then i would think that amazon would be responsible for covering the warranty
i would still contact the BBB since it says no where on your purchase order that there was no warranty with your items
contact the BBB they will contact both amazon and delco and should atleast hair a respons in a few weeks who knows they mgith decide its not worth the trouble of a bad BBB score and replace them

·
Registered
99 D'Elegance, 03 Seville SLS
75 Posts
If Rockauto doesn't have the part you're looking for, what's the preferred second choice for online parts?

·
Registered
7,705 Posts
GM parts Direct
even with the inflated prices on shipping
but thats if i want oem

oh yeah almost forgot go to rippy he can get you good deals on OEM

·
Administrator
2002 F55 STS, 2014 Explorer XLT, F-150s
74,648 Posts
If Rockauto doesn't have the part you're looking for, what's the preferred second choice for online parts?
Talk to Chris at RippyParts up in Vendors ^^^. He's Rippy Cadillac's parts man.

Also, Luke in Parts at Lindsay Cadillac in Vendors.

www.gmotors.com - Palm Chevy/Cadillac, Gainesville, FL.

www.gmpartsgiant.com

Amazon automotive section.

(GM Parts Direct
was the site for Flow Chevy/Cadillac in Winston-Salem, NC. They appear to be out of the online parts business.)

·
Registered
13,968 Posts
afaik, Flow still owns and operates GMPD, but their s&h charges are hellacious - please people, check with either myself or Luke @ Lindsay before you purchase anywhere else

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
88,476 Posts
I would not use GMPD again unless I have to. Their pricing is deceptively low to get you to buy and then they sneak in the high shipping costs to make up the difference. Plus you cannot talk to a live person if you need to.

·
Registered
13,968 Posts
:yeah:

for example, i checked on a fender liner for a forum member just this week. then i checked GMPD
they were selling it for basically a dollar markup over cost... but then $54 for shipping?? on a 1-2 lb box no bigger than 18x24x20 ??
shipping charges were only $25 (when I shipped it via UPS ground later that day)
so GMPD was getting a $29 handling charge to make up for the fact that they only charged $1 markup over their cost on the part

deceptive is a good way to put it

[OT edit: removed/nevermind]

·
Registered
04 Deville, 11 DTS Premium, 00 Deville (sold), 02 Deville (sold)
2,694 Posts
Not only does GMPD stick it to you on the back end they take forever to ship.

·
Registered
99 D'Elegance, 03 Seville SLS
75 Posts
Ok Chris I may be sending you a PM for a part. I ordered the part I need from GMpartsdirect on Saturday and havent had any confirmation that they've received it. I sent them an email this morning. Hopefully I'll hear back but I'm not holding my breathe.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts