Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kinda surprised at that, but they had everything else: Z06 (we need that shifter bad!), Ferrari 612 and 430, Maybach 62, Mercedes-McLaren SLR, Solstice, Sky, Ford GT, Ford Cobra Concept. No SRT-8s either, come to think of it. DB9 was awesome. The 2 Maseratis. Worth checking out if you are near Charlotte.

·
Registered
None
81 Posts
I'm not surprised. A few years ago, BMW didn't even show up at the Charlotte auto show. It sounds like its getting a lot better than it was then.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hey, another Charlottean. :welcome:

I'm headed down to the auto show tonight to whine to the Cadillac guys about the Vs. As in, WHERE THE HELL IS MINE!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh yeah, they do have a new M5 there as well. Roped off - cant sit in it but you can the other 5 and 6 series.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V Stealth Gray
145 Posts
My thoughts exactly on the Z06 shifter! Considering that it is probably more remote of a shifter than the V, it still has great side to side gating feel.

All 3 V's here in San Francisco. The CTS-V was actually an 05. Seeing the STS-V next to the CTS-V, I noticed that the DRLs look the same except that the STS-V has a clear lens.

Porsche Carrera GT, but no Cayman... stupid...

M5 interior doesn't fit the part for a $90K car. I was really expecting something more luxurious, i.e. a big step forward above the slightly dated look of the E39. I'm sure the I-drive is a step, just not necessarily a direction I wish to go. I still prefer some primary assortment of hard buttons. The SMG console shifter seems too low and too far away. Manual shifting should be done via the paddles is the underlying message perhaps. The fake brushed aluminum panels in my Odyssey minivan look better than the ones in the BMW. The 2-piece brake rotors look pretty cool. They apparently use some sort of radial pin system to allow for radial expansion.

Michael

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
MWD said:
M5 interior doesn't fit the part for a $90K car. I was really expecting something more luxurious, i.e. a big step forward above the slightly dated look of the E39. I'm sure the I-drive is a step, just not necessarily a direction I wish to go. I still prefer some primary assortment of hard buttons. The SMG console shifter seems too low and too far away. Manual shifting should be done via the paddles is the underlying message perhaps. The fake brushed aluminum panels in my Odyssey minivan look better than the ones in the BMW. The 2-piece brake rotors look pretty cool. They apparently use some sort of radial pin system to allow for radial expansion.

Michael
As for the interior, it's almost the same as as the regular 5 series. For $90G(yikes!), you do get a boatload of expensive tech features. That's why I never complain about the V's interior, it's about the same as the regular CTS. If that meant keeping the car at $50G, hooray for me. Otherwise, I'd be trading in a G35 or 300C that I bought last year for an SRT-8 or used V in the near future.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts