Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 Cadillac Escalade that seems to have an extensive wiring issue, dealt with a lot of the problems now what problems exist are my vanity lights, driver & passenger mirror lights, and rear cargo lights no longer turn on

I also have been having an issue with the dome lights, it has the dome lights above the mirror and the dome lights in the center

when I turn on the dome lights off the dial they all come on super bright the way they should
But the middle row domes L&R bulbs don’t turn on, you manually have to do it and when they come on they’re dim and I have bright ass LEDs installed

when you turn them on the front dome lights turn off or dim.

thing is.....it’s always in a different pattern, which is irritating as all hell

so what worked one day doesn’t work the next and you have to figure out a sequence of pressing them so they all work the way they should.

I’ve checked fuses and my fuses seem to be good but I can’t find anything for the rear cargo, and again the fuses are all good, is there some that I could potentially be missing?

Ohhhh and my rpm needle is buried at 6000
And some lights also don’t work there

any help is greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks in advance🤙

·
Registered
620 Posts
I have an 03 Cadillac Escalade that seems to have an extensive wiring issue, dealt with a lot of the problems now what problems exist are my vanity lights, driver & passenger mirror lights, and rear cargo lights no longer turn on

I also have been having an issue with the dome lights, it has the dome lights above the mirror and the dome lights in the center

when I turn on the dome lights off the dial they all come on super bright the way they should
But the middle row domes L&R bulbs don’t turn on, you manually have to do it and when they come on they’re dim and I have bright ass LEDs installed

when you turn them on the front dome lights turn off or dim.

thing is.....it’s always in a different pattern, which is irritating as all hell

so what worked one day doesn’t work the next and you have to figure out a sequence of pressing them so they all work the way they should.

I’ve checked fuses and my fuses seem to be good but I can’t find anything for the rear cargo, and again the fuses are all good, is there some that I could potentially be missing?

Ohhhh and my rpm needle is buried at 6000
And some lights also don’t work there

any help is greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks in advance🤙
The dimmer switch are common to have issues on these older vehicles. What happens is the metal on the board wheres out and can sometimes corrode causing eh dimmer switch to act up. For the RPM needle it's probably a failed stepper motor that controls the needle.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts