Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was replacing tail lights on '04 Escalade Base Model and shorted the reverse light hot wire. Now have no URPA or reverse lights. No blown fuse that I can find based on all posts here. What fuse or relay would run both? Could I have damaged the PCM/ECM?

·
Premium Member
2004 Escalade 6.0
1,162 Posts
TRL B/U under hood next to RTD fuse.. It's in the owners manual.

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
5,267 Posts
If you don't have an owners manual you can download one for free (but I can't find the link at the moment), or take out a subscription to alldatadiy.com (it's the FSM and more).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TRL B/U under hood next to RTD fuse.. It's in the owners manual.
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, that fuse is good and the reverse light pin in trailer harness works. I did use a good scan tool and am getting a B2550 code. Do you think that means I need to replace BCM?

·
Premium Member
2004 Escalade 6.0
1,162 Posts
Google has the answer to your code

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac Escalade 6.0 V8 AWD
69 Posts
I am also getting an error message from my reverse sensor lights.
When I put the gear in reverse and look in the mirror, only left red light is blinking.
Tried the diagnose mode and nothing changed.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I really don't know.
I know that URPA control module but I didn't do anything with it.
It suddenly started acting like that.

·
Registered
69 Posts
When I got this red blink, I watched YouTube tutorials and shorted it with paper clip as seen on the videos.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
152 Posts
So you you jumped the wire and you shorted the the reverse system. I did this about a month ago and it worked fine. Did any lights display by the lift gate for the URPA indicator. I might know how to fix your URPA. My URPA wasn’t working at all because when one sensor is bad or is visibly damage all the others don’t work they need all of earth other to work. Visibly inspect under the back up sensor for damage. You can also get your iPhone and put it in video and put close to each sensor and you can hear a pulsing. The one that doesn’t pulse is the one that’s either bad or is broken. This didn’t work for me I had to inspect each one. When do the video of each sensor turn the key to ON but DON’T START it and then but the Gear Shift Lever Into R/Reverse.

·
Registered
152 Posts
If it is take it out and see if your system works. If it’s out make sure the car is OFF then jump it the URPA wire under the seat then turn the car to the ON position but DON’T START the car then put the gear shift into Reverse and then see if the URPA indicator light says anything. Please tell me if it says anything for the previous posy also.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Look at TBC 2B 15amp in the instrument panel fuse block
No problem with that fuse but thanks for the advise.

So you you jumped the wire and you shorted the the reverse system. I did this about a month ago and it worked fine. Did any lights display by the lift gate for the URPA indicator. I might know how to fix your URPA. My URPA wasn’t working at all because when one sensor is bad or is visibly damage all the others don’t work they need all of earth other to work. Visibly inspect under the back up sensor for damage. You can also get your iPhone and put it in video and put close to each sensor and you can hear a pulsing. The one that doesn’t pulse is the one that’s either bad or is broken. This didn’t work for me I had to inspect each one. When do the video of each sensor turn the key to ON but DON’T START it and then but the Gear Shift Lever Into R/Reverse.
I'm not sure if this is specific to iPhone.
I am using a Samsuns S8 and it didn't work for me.

Is the pin still jumping the connector under the seat?
No it's not.

If it is take it out and see if your system works. If it’s out make sure the car is OFF then jump it the URPA wire under the seat then turn the car to the ON position but DON’T START the car then put the gear shift into Reverse and then see if the URPA indicator light says anything. Please tell me if it says anything for the previous posy also.
When I put the gear in Reverse, driver side red dot starts blinking.
When I jump the connector and follow the steps for diagnose mode, same red dot blinks no matter how I tried.

If this chart works for my situation then it means driver side sensor is not working (number 5).

#​
State/Fault Location​
Amber Outside​
Amber Middle​
Red Outside​
Flashing​
1​
Start of Diagnostics​
X​
--​
X​
--​
2​
RR Corner Object Sensor and Wiring​
X​
--​
--​
--​
3​
RR Middle Object Sensor and Wiring​
X​
X​
--​
--​
4​
LR Middle Object Sensor and Wiring​
--​
X​
X​
--​
5​
LR Corner Object Sensor and Wiring​
--​
--​
X​
--​
6​
Chime Warning Wiring​
--​
X​
--​
--​
7​
Reverse Input Wiring​
--​
X​
--​
X​
8​
Sensor Supply Voltage Circuit and Sensor Low Reference Circuit
Sensor Supply Voltage Circuit and Sensor Low Reference Circuit
Important: This diagnostic pattern sets for an open sensor supply voltage circuit and sensor low reference circuit.​
X​
X​
X​
X
Flashes in the following sequence:​
  1. Amber Outside
  2. Amber Outside and Amber Middle
  3. Amber Middle and Red Outside
  4. Red Outside
9​
Sensor Supply Voltage Circuit
Important: This diagnostic pattern sets for a short to ground in the sensor supply voltage circuit.​
X​
X​
X​
--​

·
Registered
152 Posts
You may have shorted the URPA control module under the right rear seat if it won't even go into diagnostic mode. Mine blinks red in Reverse and then when I jump it (putting it into diagnostic mode). The orange and red light blink a couple times then displays 1 of the lights to tell me which sensor is broken. The phone and video trick didn't work for me but probably works for every kind of phone.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts