Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Deville, 2011 DTS
859 Posts
I thought that it was a bad bulb also so I replaced them. No dice. It's pretty strange because occasionally they'll blink normal and then start blinking fast. They blink really fast when the headlights are on and only blink slightly faster when the headlights are off. Thought it may have been something with weird but then I saw another caddy (same year and model) with the same symptoms. The top two rear tail lights alternate from light to dark instead of changing brightness at the same time. I'm wondering how hard it is to get to this turn flasher and is there something out there that tells you how to get to it.

·
Registered
1995 Deville, 2011 DTS
859 Posts
Well it just so happens that I have a fairly good knowledge of elecricity, I just have no idea where the wires for the lighting system are. I suspected that maybe one of the hots maybe grounding out, but I was hoping that somebody had this problem was able to point out exactly where. I've had to fix other electrical problems in this car and I wound up having to pull the whole dash and steering wheel to find the cause. I'm hoping I don't have to do that again.

·
Registered
1995 Deville, 2011 DTS
859 Posts
Thanks alot. I appreciate all of the tips. I guess I'm in for some tough work. There's three lights in the rear tail light assembly. The top 2 are the ones that are supposed blink from dim to bright in sync. Instead the top 2 alternate from bright to dim out of sync. I'll try and see how far I'll have to go to follow the wires before I have to start taking out stuff.

·
Registered
1995 Deville, 2011 DTS
859 Posts
I know it's been awhile but I've been busy with work. Well I tried checking all the sockets. No dice. I ordered the service manual to find the location of all the grounds. The one up front in the engine compartment is fine. I'm willing to bet that that there's nothing wrong with the one in the back. I think that some wires from the turn signal and brake are touching somewhere along the circuit. Once I get the proper tools to check the ground in the trunk I'm thinking that's all I can really do without ripping the car apart.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.