Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Deville 01 Deville DTS
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Night i was Re-installing my radiator cooling fans and i had to disconnect the top transmission coooler line from the radiator to get it in, well long story short i started it up without reconnecting that cooler line and there is a huge puddle of ATF in the drive way FML I didnt drive it it just sat and idle for about 30 mins. Did i screw up my transmission???

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,453 Posts
........... and refill it correctly. If it idled for 30 minutes you pumped out about 13 quarts of fluid - ????? BIG puddle. Where were you the entire time ?

Pour in about 7 quarts and let the engine idle on a level surface in P. Begin checking cold fluid level and gradually bring it up to the COLD FULL level. Install the dipstick and go for a 15 mile drive. Come back to the same level surface, in P, and adjust flud level to the middle of the FULL HOT hashmark. Triple check the transmission oil cooler fittings at the radiator for absolute zero leakage.

DO NOT try to check/adjust fluid levels with the engine OFF.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,270 Posts
Last Night i was Re-installing my radiator cooling fans and i had to disconnect the top transmission coooler line from the radiator to get it in, well long story short i started it up without reconnecting that cooler line and there is a huge puddle of ATF in the drive way FML I didnt drive it it just sat and idle for about 30 mins. Did i screw up my transmission???
=========================
Did i screw up my transmission?
only one way to tell -
fill it up - and pray -

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,783 Posts
If you pumped it dry, but did not drive it, you should be fine.

·
Registered
96 Deville 01 Deville DTS
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The car (96 Deville) Had been sitting for a while and the battery died i had some parts to change under the hood, did that then jumped if off and let it run to charge the
battery. I didn't notice it leaking it was dark out I should have double checked everything before starting on a good note the fluid looked red and clean LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts