Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Cadillac SLS
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys I just bought a 2001 Cadillac sls to fix it up. At the place where I looked at it there was no lights inside at all. thought the battery was dead. they gave me the battery jumper and it started up. I test drove it for cuple of minutes and it ran great. Had it towed home and got a new battery and still same thing. lights come on when you plug the + cable and soon as you turn the key the lights go away. I took out the battery and it shows 12.6v and after I put it back and connect it it shows only 6v. it looks like it has a short somewhere or the RIM module might be bad?

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,098 Posts
That car has its own built-in trouble code scanner/reader/memory. You use the 3 DIC control buttons on the right side. Study the proper model/year sections of the sticky thread "How to pull codes" on the main Seville/Eldorado threads page. Write down any found codes - a letter, 4 digits, a letter - and return to the sticky to open the link to definitions of all Cadillac OBD-II codes. Decipher any found codes and post it all in this thread.

Welcome Aboard !!! :highfive:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts