Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS-V
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first got car it was driving and turning on fine but after a while car would not turn start but I would let it sit for a while and it would start right up but now it doesn’t even start. I have replaced the battery, starter, starter relay and since car hasn’t start I scanned it and these are the codes I got. Help please, also I’m new to this car!

·
Administrator
'05 CTS-V
8,816 Posts
Can you give us any details on the car? What mileage is on it? How long have you had it? Has it had any modifications done to it?

What do those codes mean?

What does it do when it doesn't start? Does the starter engage and spin the engine, or does it not even do that?

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS-V
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you give us any details on the car? What mileage is on it? How long have you had it? Has it had any modifications done to it?

What do those codes mean?

What does it do when it doesn't start? Does the starter engage and spin the engine, or does it not even do that?
I got the car from a dude in Arkansas while I was deployed and the body has 172k but he installed a new motor from a 07 vette ls2 with 72k miles.
List of mods
LSXR 102 Intake
60lb Injectors
BTR Stage 4 Cam
BTR Chromoly Pushrods
BTR .660 Dual Valve Springs
Kooks Stainless Longtubes
Kooks Stainless Mid Pipe
Spec Clutch
Hurst Shifter

C0218-EBCM Detects Open Or Shorted Brake Switch Or Circuit
C0561-System disabled information (There are no problems with the Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM), check other codes)
C0550- Electronic control unit
U1000-invalid or missing data for primary id
U1016-lost communications with powertrain/engine control module

It just won’t crank but all the lights come on on dash, I got the voltage I need. But when I pop the clutch the car starts and runs fine. I’m thinking it’s a ground, wiring that’s chaffing or the clutch sensor.

·
Administrator
'05 CTS-V
8,816 Posts
There's a fuse for the clutch position switch, but the label on the lid of the underhood fuse box calls it "HTR VLV / CLTCH", so it's pretty easy to gloss right over it - I've missed it once before and was pop starting the car unnecessarily for a few days until I found the fuse.

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS-V
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There's a fuse for the clutch position switch, but the label on the lid of the underhood fuse box calls it "HTR VLV / CLTCH", so it's pretty easy to gloss right over it - I've missed it once before and was pop starting the car unnecessarily for a few days until I found the fuse.
Fuse isn’t popped

·
Administrator
'05 CTS-V
8,816 Posts
Then I'd check the clutch position switch next. Unplug the switch and stick a paperclip into the harness to "dummy" the switch to see if the car will start. (I've done this in the past, but I can't remember which terminals I had to bypass with the paperclip.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts