Cadillac Owners Forum banner

No sound from radio

Tags
deville ext
149K views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  Thunder07 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I got into my car today and the radio turned on, but there was no sound.

I was thinking of trying to disconnect the battery to see if that rests on everything.

Does anyone have a clue about what might be going on?

Thanks

#23 ·
Thank you for

this info,

Thank you for the info. I had the same issue. No sound from the radio, no chimes when seatbelt unbuckled, trunk or door open or the start of ignition. Bought an amp on ebay for $65 for the same GMC part number. Just installed it now and it worked!
Now to get the outlet to work. I’ve verified the fuses under the hood and under the backseat and no luck.

#3 ·
ok i get back into my car this afternoon and go out for lunch and poof radio is blasting on hi volume cause of me trying to get it to amplify anything. now here is the funny thing i drive back to work and the radio shuts down. i do hear static before the radio volume cuts out.

#4 ·
I have a similar problem in my Corvette. I stopped to get gas one day and when I started the car again the radio was dead, no chimes or anything. Then the next day I was on the way to the audio shop and all of a sudden it started blaring. It worked while I was at the audio shop then when I was 5 miles down the road it went dead again. Onstar doesn't even work correctly, they eventually answer but I can hardly hear them. Whewn I press the emergency button I get a mssage that Onstar in not active... It has to be a lose connection somewhere... I will have them check everything in a couple of weeks...

#7 ·
is the onstar on the V' in the trunk
Yes. Passengers side closest to the taillight area if I remember correctly, although I don't think that is YOUR problem but who knows. G/L

#8 ·
Mine used to have this problem. Radio would work fine, park the car and get back in it and no sound, not even a door chime.

Here is how I fixed mine:

If you wait until it happens again:

1. Turn the parking lights on and leave the door open (this would normally cause the door chime to sound.)
2. Remove the trim around the trunk latch
3. Remove the cargo net hold-downs on the left (Driver's Side)
4. Pull the carpet back exposing the radio amp.
5. Slowly wiggle the harness plugged in at the bottom of your amp.

6. If yours is like mine, you will hear a click and then sound from your speakers.

If step 6 is correct, remove the amp look at each pin that feeds into the amp. One of the pins on my amp was slightly bent causing a bad connection. I am thinking this was caused by the stress the harness puts on the amp at the connection. GM really made the wiring harness to short which caused the plug to plug in at a weird angle.

If step 6 doesn’t work, I don’t know what to tell you! :hmm:

#10 ·
Hi; I’m trying to get my radio to work before I tackle the head gaskets issue.
I just removed the after market radio from my 97 Deville D’elegance and installed an original am/fm cassette. All the wires and connections are there. I’m getting power to the radio, antenna goes up and down like it should, but I’m not getting any sounds. I’m suspecting a bad amp since I’m not getting any sounds from the door chime either. I tried moving the wires with the door open and park lights on but the chime never came on. How can I test the amp? There are two boxes, one is the amp and the other silver square one where the speakers are connected to is?
Thanks!

#11 ·
I have a 2007 DHS radio with no sound, and like previous posts, it can come and go will no warning. Also no sound from blinkers, and "parking Assist off" displays on the dashboard. The car has been "possessed" which started with complete failure of the electrical system, and had to be towed to the dealer. After 7 months of replacing "computer modules" (drivers side mirror, rear view mirror, passenger seat air bag module, XM radio module), the car starts, but this radio sound problem exists, the dealer now says it is the "radio" and wants to replace it for $2,400! Looking for some answers.

#12 ·
Hello - and Thanks for any advice you can give.

I have a similar problem but not exactly as described here. Desperately looking for a solution.

I have a 2007 Cadillac CTS. 53k miles.

The amp is the ac delco 15845424.
On Star - not active
No Navigation

Problem:
- Start Car
- Turn on Radio - everything works wonderfully. No issues, soft, loud, CD's, Door Chimes - everything works.
- 1 to 2 minutes later - no sounds at all. Radio is full functional, change stations, change bands, go into setup etc.
- no door chimes
- Turn off Car - immediately turn back on, same problem - no sound
- Wait about 1/2 hour - system is back to normal
- 1 - 2 minutes later - no sound
- I can repeat this as many times as I want - does the same thing.

What I have done so far:
- Swapped the 30amp fuse out - used the 30 amp fuse from the Power Sunroof
- Jiggled all the wires going into the amp - bottom and top while problem is occurring - no clicks or sounds from speakers at all

Could it be a faulty amp? Would hate to buy a replacement and have the same issue.

Anything I can test?

Thanks very much.

#13 ·
Hello Tekkens,

Welcome to the forum! I am sorry you are experiencing issues with your CTS. I see you have tried resolving this concern and are reaching out to other forum members for their advice. If you would like to further discuss this concern with us, please reach out via private message or by Email at socialmedia@gm.com. Please include your contact information, VIN and current mileage in the message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.