I have a similar problem in my Corvette. I stopped to get gas one day and when I started the car again the radio was dead, no chimes or anything. Then the next day I was on the way to the audio shop and all of a sudden it started blaring. It worked while I was at the audio shop then when I was 5 miles down the road it went dead again. Onstar doesn't even work correctly, they eventually answer but I can hardly hear them. Whewn I press the emergency button I get a mssage that Onstar in not active... It has to be a lose connection somewhere... I will have them check everything in a couple of weeks...ok i get back into my car this afternoon and go out for lunch and poof radio is blasting on hi volume cause of me trying to get it to amplify anything. now here is the funny thing i drive back to work and the radio shuts down. i do hear static before the radio volume cuts out.
Hello Tekkens,Hello - and Thanks for any advice you can give.
I have a similar problem but not exactly as described here. Desperately looking for a solution.
I have a 2007 Cadillac CTS. 53k miles.
The amp is the ac delco 15845424.
On Star - not active
- Start Car
- Turn on Radio - everything works wonderfully. No issues, soft, loud, CD's, Door Chimes - everything works.
- 1 to 2 minutes later - no sounds at all. Radio is full functional, change stations, change bands, go into setup etc.
- no door chimes
- Turn off Car - immediately turn back on, same problem - no sound
- Wait about 1/2 hour - system is back to normal
- 1 - 2 minutes later - no sound
- I can repeat this as many times as I want - does the same thing.
What I have done so far:
- Swapped the 30amp fuse out - used the 30 amp fuse from the Power Sunroof
- Jiggled all the wires going into the amp - bottom and top while problem is occurring - no clicks or sounds from speakers at all
Could it be a faulty amp? Would hate to buy a replacement and have the same issue.
Anything I can test?
Thanks very much.