Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
'01 Pearl White - Sold 10/11, '09 Raven Black :)
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot figure out at all if my vehicle does not have a rear AC or I am not doing something correctly with the controls! So my question is, did some of the 02-06 bodystyle not come with rear AC??

I tried everything with the controls but still no rear AC! If ALL of them did come with rear AC can someone post a step by step instructions on how I activate the thing lol.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
I cannot figure out at all if my vehicle does not have a rear AC or I am not doing something correctly with the controls! So my question is, did some of the 02-06 bodystyle not come with rear AC??

I tried everything with the controls but still no rear AC! If ALL of them did come with rear AC can someone post a step by step instructions on how I activate the thing lol.

Thanks.
'03-'06 there is a control pod over the driver's head above the rearview mirror. I can manually force the rear passengers to have air and control their temp OR set it to Auto OR set it to "AUX" which activates the rear module between the passengers to set their own temperature and fan speed.

'02 I have no idea.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, there is a control module above the rear view mirror but all it has are the regular fan speeds (OFF, 1 - 2 -3), the hot & cold control, and the vent control. Thats it!! Wow, it would be kinda sad if they made some models WITHOUT rear ac :( lol

·
Registered
11,694 Posts
Hi, there is a control module above the rear view mirror but all it has are the regular fan speeds (OFF, 1 - 2 -3), the hot & cold control, and the vent control. Thats it!! Wow, it would be kinda sad if they made some models WITHOUT rear ac :( lol
If it has the fan speed and temp control it HAS rear air. No doubt about it. I don't believe GMT800 Escalades were ever available without it.

·
Registered
11,694 Posts
Ok, here is the setup on your truck:

Your rear passengers do not have adjustment capabilities on their air flow or temperature. The controls on the roof are all you need to turn on air for the rear of the vehicle (and I'm assuming the main climate control has to be turned on also). If it is not working then there may be something wrong. Did you read the owner's manual?

On a side note... What the heck are those lift-up "eyebrows" on the back of the center console above the auxiliary audio controls??? Mine does not have that.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah the fan turns on for the rear when I turn it to either 1-2-3 but it blows just regular air without ac because its not "ac cold".

Wow I can't believe I cannot figure out something as simple as this on this vehicle LOL!!! Hey maybe you should let me know what you have your front and rear settings exactly at so I can try it that way. Hopefully there is not something wrong with it...

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
11,694 Posts
Yeah the fan turns on for the rear when I turn it to either 1-2-3 but it blows just regular air without ac because its not "ac cold".

Wow I can't believe I cannot figure out something as simple as this on this vehicle LOL!!! Hey maybe you should let me know what you have your front and rear settings exactly at so I can try it that way. Hopefully there is not something wrong with it...

Thanks guys!
On mine, it does not blow cold out of the rear vents immediately. It takes a few minutes.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL, that might be it - I turn it on and I only wait maybe 20 seconds or so lol - okay I will try to wait a few minutes and let you know what happens later on tonight.

About those eyebrow looking flaps - underneath those are two aux power adapters, like cig. lighter thingys.

Thanks for your help guys!

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well something must be wrong :( I did everything accordingly and still no cold air at all from the rear! Any ideas what might be wrong guys? BTW, my controls look exactly like the pics posted by Playdrv above...

·
Registered
NONE
1,042 Posts
Ok, here is the setup on your truck:

Your rear passengers do not have adjustment capabilities on their air flow or temperature. The controls on the roof are all you need to turn on air for the rear of the vehicle (and I'm assuming the main climate control has to be turned on also). If it is not working then there may be something wrong. Did you read the owner's manual?

On a side note... What the heck are those lift-up "eyebrows" on the back of the center console above the auxiliary audio controls??? Mine does not have that.
Turn the last knob to the icon with the arrow pointed towards the head only! That should get you done... I remember mine works best on that setting. I never have passengers so I forgot!

·
Registered
2002 Escalade
207 Posts
there is a whole separate a/c system located in the rear passenger side of the truck With a separate blower as well.Just have the rear system checked for leaks, shorts, ect.....

·
Registered
11,694 Posts
Alot of things are duplicated back there but not the ENTIRE system. Obviously you have one compressor up front. However it sounds to me like the problem is going to be an expansion valve or more likely the evaporator coil in the rear if there is just ZERO cold air coming out.

A good reminder for all of us to exercise that rear A/C once in a while!

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Great - something else to fix... well lol actually I like fixing stuff so I will add this to my list. Guess that's what happens when you buy a 'lade that has been sitting for half the year after being repo'd and then auctioned...

Anyway, it still does not work - yep, ZERO cold air. Guess I will have to look into the stuff you guys mentioned - anything else I should look at? Thanks!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts