Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Escalade
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of the blue I have lost all power to my drivers door controls, lock, window controls, mirrors, folding mirrors, etc. When I open the door upon exit the stereo keeps playing whereas it should stop. Anyone ever have this happen before, any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
2001 DTS,2007 STS V8
602 Posts
Seen this before. Probably the driver's door module. It's the window switch assembly. One easy thing to do is try to unplug it and plug it back in and see what happens.

·
Registered
'08 Escalade ESV
442 Posts
I'm getting a short when the door is halfway open. Door functions work fine when it is closed or open all the way. There's a small short in the loom where it goes the door to the chassis. You may have a break where I have a short

12,776 Posts
Sgtbenny, I'm pleased to see forum members stepping in with their DIY suggestions! I understand if you prefer a DIY approach, but please let me know if you would like to involve a dealership at any point. I'm always happy to contact them on your behalf to schedule an appointment or follow up with concerns, so email me anytime at [email protected] for further assistance.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

·
Registered
escalade esv
1 Posts
first time user hello guys , so i see one of the questions posted ands its the same question i have ? but i don't see the solution answer WHY ???

----------

HI GUYS out of the blue I have lost all power to my drivers door controls, lock, window controls, mirrors, folding mirrors, etc. When I open the door upon exit the stereo keeps playing whereas it should stop. Anyone ever have this happen before, any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
1,854 Posts
I experienced this before and the driver switch and harness had burned, upon installing the new switch still nothing worked, checked fuses found and replaced a blown fuse, still nothing... Turns out the new switch needed to be programmed to the vehicle by the dealer

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV
19 Posts
I just got tge exact same thing today but now no power on the door at all, interior lights dont even come on, can you tell me the problem tgat it may be since you expierenced this before?

·
Registered
2009 ESV Platinum
21 Posts
I believe it is to be the drivers side door switch. I just bought a Tech2 code reader and don't know what I am doing with it, but do know that it isn't able to communicate with the door switch. I plan on trying to replace mine this weekend.

If it isn't the door switch, I believe it would be the body control module... That is more expensive and more work to change out. I will let you know what I find...

FYI, mine is the 2009 Platinum and I have no power windows/locks/mirrors & my retractable running boards don't respond to the door opening/closing. And when I open the door my interior lights don't come on...

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV
19 Posts
Ok i look forward to hearing from you. I talked to someone andd they said that it could possibly be a broken wire inside that rubber protector that coukd be broken because i would get power whrn the door was half way open. Then it stopped i have no power at all, memory seat buttons, window, poeer locks, not even the light comes on in the interior. Thanks again, please let me know what you come up with.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I believe it is to be the drivers side door switch. I just bought a Tech2 code reader and don't know what I am doing with it, but do know that it isn't able to communicate with the door switch. I plan on trying to replace mine this weekend.

If it isn't the door switch, I believe it would be the body control module... That is more expensive and more work to change out. I will let you know what I find...

FYI, mine is the 2009 Platinum and I have no power windows/locks/mirrors & my retractable running boards don't respond to the door opening/closing. And when I open the door my interior lights don't come on...

hey what did you do to fix it or if someone fix it what did they say

·
Registered
2007 Escalade 2010 Cts
13 Posts
I just went through this on my 07. REPLACE the module and have it programmed! I had a diode go out on my module so I thought, hey I can solder in a new one. Yes it worked for a bit but then it caused all other problems. I began probing with my powerprobe, and wound up shorting the BCM, and the ignition module! It cost me $1300 and 7 days of trouble shooting. Any I am honestly highly mechanically inclined. Especially with vehicle wiring. These trucks are very susceptible to electrical damage very easily. I try to stay away from dealerships, but get the switch from them, let them program it, and if they mess it up, then its on them. TRUST ME HERE!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just out of the blue I have lost all power to my drivers door controls, lock, window controls, mirrors, folding mirrors, etc. When I open the door upon exit the stereo keeps playing whereas it should stop. Anyone ever have this happen before, any help is appreciated.
What was the fix?

·
Registered
2009 Cadillac Escalade
321 Posts
I ended up have a break in the main ground wire that feeds this door. It broke in the loom inside the jam. This is very easy to test with a DMM and will require you to take the door apart. Not eliminating that the issue couldn't be something else but this was mine. I can pull my panel and snap pics this weekend if you get stuck. There is also a main power wire thats similar in gauge that goes to a bulk head connector on the driverside fuse block. Test these wires for continuity from inside the car to inside the door and work back to the jamb (from door side) until you find the break.

Mine started off as I would lose express window up/down. Holding the window button would reset it. Week later, I noticed radio didn't turn off when I opened the door. I put key back in and discovered I had lost all power to the door.

·
Registered
2 Posts
first time user hello guys , so i see one of the questions posted ands its the same question i have ? but i don't see the solution answer WHY ???

----------

HI GUYS out of the blue I have lost all power to my drivers door controls, lock, window controls, mirrors, folding mirrors, etc. When I open the door upon exit the stereo keeps playing whereas it should stop. Anyone ever have this happen before, any help is appreciated.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts