Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac Allantes 1987 & 1992
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brakes worked fine until I arrived home, at which point they failed. I depressurized by pressing 25x with key off. Then after turning key on the ABS pump did not work. Mechanic came to my house and determined there is no power to the pump. I am told there are 2 relays associated with the pump but mechanic could not locate. Is there a wiring schematic on line? Any advice will be appreciated.

·
Registered
'92 Allante, '93 Allante
76 Posts
One reason all Allante owners must have a Service Manual. :) The Pump relay is behind the radiator overflow tank on the passenger side of the engine bay. You will need to remove the tank and the relay is the second to rear-most relay. The other is up under the dash on the left side of the steering column. You will need to remove the knee bolster to access it.

·
Registered
'91 Allante 135K , '92 Allante 75K , '92 Allante 50K
24 Posts
Control relays found mounted on passenger side . Look around behind the headlight assembly hanging from the side of the fender . You probably just have a bad connection where the relays plug into the socket . Try removing each relay and apply some dielectric grease to contact points and reinstall - those switch alot of current and must have good connections.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts