Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2006 EXT Supercharged, 2003 base, 2011 Platinum
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, gauge was showing no oil pressure giving warnings and such. Then shut off and restarted a couple of times, now it went away and seems fine. What could cause this? Oil is full. Any help is appreciated.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
72,157 Posts
Several very recent threads on this for Escalades - look through the most recent threads pages. Maybe cold weather (that's a real stretch), poor pressure sender, bad connection, wiring.

No clanks or rattles? Make sure the oil level is correct on the dipstick and don't try to over fill it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey guys, gauge was showing no oil pressure giving warnings and such. Then shut off and restarted a couple of times, now it went away and seems fine. What could cause this? Oil is full. Any help is appreciated.
My advice get a scan tool and look at the cpu history, or have a mechanic check the pressure manually. though i will agree the usual reason is the oil pressure sensor.

·
Registered
'05 ESV Platinum, 310,000 still looking fine, really fine!
1,176 Posts
Could be stepper motor for the oil pressure gauge.

·
Registered
620 Posts
90% of the time it’s the oil pressure sensor that has failed. On a scale from 1-10 and 10 being the hardest to fix. Replacing the oil pressure sensor is about a 5 it’s just time consuming and kind of hard to reach.

·
Registered
2006 Escalade AWD w/DiabloSport tuner,Jet Performance throttle body/MAF,Airaid MIT
1,498 Posts
I have personally done this fix on an Avalanche and a Silverado.

The engines in our 2002-2006 Escalades do not have the oil filter screen on the oil pressure sensor. The sensor is hard to reach but not impossible. It took me about an half an hour to change mine on my 2006 Escalade.

Here is how to change the oil pressure sensor in our Escalades from 2002-2006.

·
Registered
2002 Escalade EXT
44 Posts
Are you using synthetic or regular oil in the engine?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited by Moderator)
If using the correct viscosity range for the engine in question then why does the oil type have anything to do with observed pressure ?
It’s looking like it may actually be an oil pressure problem. It only happens during a cold start in below zero temps , then the pressure kicks in. The reason why I’m thinking it is an oil pressure problem as it is noisy at startup until pressure kicks in. It’s very odd because it has basically no pressure, then jumps right up to normal.
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Several very recent threads on this for Escalades - look through the most recent threads pages. Maybe cold weather (that's a real stretch), poor pressure sender, bad connection, wiring.

No clanks or rattles? Make sure the oil level is correct on the dipstick and don't try to over fill it.
looks like cold weather is a factor.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had that problem with my 06 Escalade wasn’t the pressure sensor was oring on the oil pump pickup tube was sucking air very common problem with all ls motors

·
Registered
620 Posts
It’s looking like it may actually be an oil pressure problem. It only happens during a cold start in below zero temps , then the pressure kicks in. The reason why I’m thinking it is an oil pressure problem as it is noisy at startup until pressure kicks in. It’s very odd because it has basically no pressure, then jumps right up to normal.
Any suggestions?
Could be dry start. Try using lucas oil additive. It’s for making sure the insides of your engine are well lubricated and gets rid if dry start.

·
Registered
2006 Escalade AWD w/DiabloSport tuner,Jet Performance throttle body/MAF,Airaid MIT
1,498 Posts
If using the correct viscosity range for the engine in question then why does the oil type have anything to do with observed pressure ?
Synthetic oil has a better flow rate when the oil is cold; even with the same viscosity.

This test demonstrates how well synthetic oil flows in freezing temps.

Reactions: Caddifireman

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Any suggestions?
I would try full synthetic 5w-30 oil and see if the problem goes away.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited by Moderator)
I had that problem with my 06 Escalade wasn’t the pressure sensor was oring on the oil pump pickup tube was sucking air very common problem with all ls motors
is that a DYI project

I would try full synthetic 5w-30 oil and see if the problem goes away.
I already only use full synthetic oil.

·
Registered
'05 ESV Platinum, 310,000 still looking fine, really fine!
1,176 Posts
If your vehicle is 2 wheel drive pretty simple and straight forward. If AWD or 4 wheel drive much more complicated.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts