Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
7,560 Posts
I’m having the same problem with my 95 I can’t turn my wheel at all just had my trans rebuilt I have my PS pump off run replacing soon
Taco, welcome to the forums! Might want to start your own thread with this question. The OP on this one hasn't logged on in 15 years. Check dates on posts, and hover your cursor over a members avatar and you can see when they last logged on.

· Registered
1995 Cadillac Deville 4.9L
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Taco, welcome to the forums! Might want to start your own thread with this question. The OP on this one hasn't logged on in 15 years. Check dates on posts, and hover your cursor over a members avatar and you can see when they last logged on.
Thanks for the reply I couldn’t find the appropriate tag to put this issue under I will try again

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Moderaror edit: Posts 1 - 3 have been merged into this thread from an old dead thread. Sub

I recently had the transmission rebuilt in my 1995 deville 4.9 the shop as usual messed something up they told me they crushed the power steering pressure line and a union had been placed at the break, the union howe was not tightened properly so I tightened myself It drove for about a week one evening I go to start my car and as I put the vehicle in reverse and turned wheel I had no steering whatsoever it wouldn’t move in either direction 1” or more

I have removed the power steering pump and am on the way to the junkyard as I’m writing this post after I replace the pump what other measures should I take? Has anyone previously experienced this problem? I love this car more than I love humans so if it’s the rack just shoot me instead of telling me please help my friends

· Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
22,495 Posts
Moderaror edit: Posts 1 - 3 have been merged into this thread from an old dead thread. Sub

I recently had the transmission rebuilt in my 1995 deville 4.9 the shop as usual messed something up they told me they crushed the power steering pressure line and a union had been placed at the break, the union howe was not tightened properly so I tightened myself It drove for about a week one evening I go to start my car and as I put the vehicle in reverse and turned wheel I had no steering whatsoever it wouldn’t move in either direction 1” or more

I have removed the power steering pump and am on the way to the junkyard as I’m writing this post after I replace the pump what other measures should I take? Has anyone previously experienced this problem? I love this car more than I love humans so if it’s the rack just shoot me instead of telling me please help my friends
=====================
as I put the vehicle in reverse and turned wheel I had no steering whatsoever
it wouldn’t move in either direction 1” or more

THAT isn't just a PS pump issue -

if it’s the rack just shoot me instead of telling me
where's my gun -

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
=====================
as I put the vehicle in reverse and turned wheel I had no steering whatsoever
it wouldn’t move in either direction 1” or more

THAT isn't just a PS pump issue -

if it’s the rack just shoot me instead of telling me
where's my gun -
Can you put me in the thread for directions to change the rack

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a feeling a rack replacement is in my future. Did you replace it yourself? Any tips to share?
I did do the job myself i Watched a YouTube to refresh myself the last one I replaced was in a celica and it was a nightmare space wise this job was significantly better with space in terms of bolt access Good clearance I can’t think of any special tools you will need but A swivel ratchet and some patience what’s your symptoms before I replaced it I was having issues maintaining power through turns I can tell that it was a transmission issue two grand later and a new transmission the shop guys ruined my power steering pressure line and that’s where the problems began needless to say I got my money back for that transmission one way or another after these problemsI go to get in the car one morning to go to the store and as soon as I put the car in reverse no steering at all so I change the pump first no results so I figured only other thing I could be is the rack so I went ahead and put the bullet pulled out my sock money and when an Auto I go to get in the car one morning to go to the store and as soon as I put the car in reverse no steering at all so I change the pump first no results so I figured only other thing I could be is the rack so I went ahead and put the bullet pulled out my sock money and went into advance auto now she drives like brand new

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.